2001 to Present

Closest Installation

Peterson AFB
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default dana 30 shafts

well im going to stop being lazy. some already know its been way over due. i was on the fence about my zj but have made up my mind/ had it made up for me. anyway i am going to replace my shafts. dont really have the money for chromoly even though i want them, but im going to get away from cv shafts. i want the u joint style with the larger joints. where is a good place to get them? i was looking at the ones here http://www.ironrockoffroad.com/Merch..._Code=IR-XDAXL i was thinking with the almost alloy kit installed. does anyone know of other places possibly cheaper?
    Quote Originally Posted by usnavymitchells View Post
    I am officially a Huge Steeler's Fan!
    97 ZJ Murdered Out! (SOLD ), 5.5" Clayton L/A's front and rear, 242 swap, HP30 & 8.8 w/ 4.88's & Eaton ELocker's F/R, 35" Goodyear Wrangler MT/R's with Kevlar.

Grand Cherokee Owners
    http://www.militaryjeepers.com/commu...php?groupid=44

on top, usually

Branch
    Navy
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2002 to 2010

Closest Installation

Fort Leonard Wood
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

get alloy, factory 10, or superior.

i ran superior's with OX u joints with 38.5's and the first part to go was the ball joints...

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Served
    Served
    1985 to 1998

Closest Installation

Fort McCoy
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm running Superior shafts w/760 Ujoints (the bigger ones) and have had no problems.

The prices have jumped some, but at the time, they had the best prices so I went with them.

In my XJ I'm running the stock shafts still (open front) they came w/the large Ujoint. I haven't snapped one yet, nor has anyone in my club. (8 guys with XJ's and 1 WJ, all running stock shafts and 33" tires)

If you are running 35's or under, the later stock XJ shafts should work fine.

As long as the people remain armed,
    government knows that it cannot rule over the people by force.
    Those who stand in defiance of unconstitutional laws
    do so out of duty, honor, oath and love of country.

"Certified Jeep Junky!"

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Served
    Served
    1990 to 1993

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Older guys in my club swear by factory installed ujoints and say never had problems till they started upgrading ujoints. Personnely I wouldnt almost anything. Save for chromo with 760s or goto junkyard and pull some 95 or newer. Xjs are everywhere in junkyards here. I have chromo short side and outer w 760 and run stock xj shaft on long side to eliminate vac disco and havnt had a prob yet with locrite and 35s. I do carry a spare inner and outer with ujoints for both sides tho with hubs. (all from junkyard. Junkyard shafts should run about 30 a side hubs 20 ujoints included