Closest Installation

Fort Leonard Wood
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Camp MJ write up

Camp MJ Midwest
    Friday evening we had our dinner even a little later to help out anyone running behind. Good food and a keg with a MJ Logo where the tap comes out all from Solaruby. Normal burgers, brats, and some venison kabobs and venison steaks (Tiff, and CPHill) and such fixed up by Andrea, Pam, Tiff, Mike and Robert with a couple others rotating in on about 6 grills. We ate drank some more beer and waited around for the raffle. Way too much food seems we had less people than we figured.
    Stork65 wins Mile Marker winch. He is probably still smiling.

Anthony wins TJ Bumpers. (Gives his old winch bumper to Stork65) They have all swapped and working real quick.

….Wins XJ Bumpers now has to find a way to get them Hillbilli in CO.
    Solar Ruby wins 100 square, $400.00 4WS gift card.
    Solar Ruby wins 50/50 take is about $60.00.
    Larry’s group Saturday morning 0900 we started out on level 3 Anthony blew his radiator top off at about 0915 he limped it out and back to camp; his wife brought a new one from the parts store near home LOL 60 miles away. We had to turn around because a bypass was blocked off by a felled tree. We ran back through Peeweees crossing and played in the ditch where I blew the bead off the ps front about 1000. From there we made it to Wild Turkey, Stork65 got to use his new winch and Wrangler101 found out that he and his buddy didn’t set up the gears correctly in the front axle by stripping off about 8 ring gear teeth on 55 mile Yukon gears. We ran 3 trails and stuck or broke 4 jeeps all on level 3 or lower runs. We went in for lunch and keg beer.

Fred’s Group Sat morn went straight for some harder stuff. We had our first stuck with a rock grabbing a jeep 12 minutes into the day. In this group was Fred leading, then Do Something in his white YJish, Dfoot in his YJish, and Yellow Rubi (Mark) in his Rubi. In the first half of the morning we suffered some Leaf Spring Carnage on DFoot YJ, and a Carb that wouldn’t let Do Something climb. In the afternoon I suffered my long hard shaft (passenger’s side front) breaking. We ran all 3’s and 4’s and in the end had a blast and floated the Keg by Sat night.

Tiffs group, (insert here) Tiff's Group #2: In the morning we did PeeWee's Crossing, Grasshopper lane, not on the map trail and the south side of Bronco Buster, Snow trail, Cold Mountain, Cougar Crossing. Afternoon we headed to the back side of the ranch. Armadillo Pass, High Mountain Road, Cherokee Pass, High Mountain Pass (we renamed snot hill), Up Log Jam, west side of Rocky Road and back out High Mtn. Only damage was a freak rock took out a brake line. We had a great group that helped each other in spotting and a few tugs. One of the best groups I've trailed with.

Special note for Gretchen for some great driving on an open YJ!

CARNAGE
    First carnage is Anthony with radiator cracked others were two blown beads, stripped ring gear(installed less than 600 miles ago), bad thermostat or radiator fan on a JK, Dana 30 shaft snapped, Dana 44 shaft snapped, red XJ flopped, Orange XJ flopped (twice), much more sheet metal wrinkled, dented or custom bent; The rocks will not be hungry for some time.Last carnage is Ghost00TJ with one of the 44 shafts around 1655.

Show Me Fun Run raffle I think all that were still here won at least a Tree Saver type prize. Brock gives his ticket to Fred he gives it to Ghost then comes and takes it back to give to Gretchen who wins a ps drop Dana 44 complete axle cant use that, she gives the axle to Fred who is almost doing cartwheels until Ghost says "Fred it's a ps drop you cant use that" after picking up the pieces of his bubble he decides to give it to Mrs. Ghost for her CJ.

We do a night run Saturday night the last of them get in around 0300.

Sunday is clean up and pack out.
    Last edited by Ghost00TJ; 05-31-2010 at 11:46.
    F'it, aint my Jeep!
    Beer does a Jeep Good

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    1996 to Present

Closest Installation

Bamberg
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Had a great time!

Addition: Sunday morning while the majority of the group packed out, a small group consisting of Bryan, Mark, Gretchen, Brock, and Robert went out for about two hours. They hit Rocker Knocker and V Notch to get some poser shots. No carnage, just some rock rash and came back with some really good "wallpaper" pictures. After that this group hit the road.
    Robert

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Served
    Served
    1975 to 1978

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tiff's Group #2: In the morning we did PeeWee's Crossing, Grasshopper lane, not on the map trail and the south side of Bronco Buster, Snow trail, Cold Mountain, Cougar Crossing. Afternoon we headed to the back side of the ranch. Armadillo Pass, High Mountain Road, Cherokee Pass, High Mountain Pass (we renamed snot hill), Up Log Jam, west side of Rocky Road and back out High Mtn. Only damage was a freak rock took out a brake line. We had a great group that helped each other in spotting and a few tugs. One of the best groups I've trailed with.

Special note for Gretchen for some great driving on an open YJ!

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    1993 to Present

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Group # 4 Cphill209 Trail leader and Bruce Tail gunner took half TIFF group to equal the groups out. We started out on lvl 3 Yellow Jacket to LVL 3Guard Rail. Where we had our first stuck, Bruce's YJ high centerd his Leaf springs on a stump in the trail. After trying to snatch him off we Broke down and winched him off.
    Next we headed to LVL 2 Grass hopper trail and up LVL 3 bull run where the Orange and Black XJ could not make it up a steep hill climb. In the process of winching him up and still trying to drive up the Hill the XJ over heated and blew the over flow tank top off followed by a cloud of smoke. After a long recover with two jeeps and two winch lines we finally got the XJ up. Next up the hill was the Tail guner and Bruce YJ just didnt have the traction or clearance to make it up.
    Once we were back on the trail we headed over to lvl 2 Moody's revenge and up LVL 3 stock stopper with only minor issues.

After lunch we headed out to LVL 3 snow trail to LVL 3Cold mountain untill we came across another group broke down in the trail. so we back tracked to ranch road and skirted around them to the other side of LVL 2 cold mountain pass to LVL 2 cougar crossing down LVL 3 larry Hill where we had our first flat of the day. Pierced sidewall.
    Next we hit keller circle (listed as a 2 but really should be a 1). We went up LVL 2 high mountain Road and down LVL 2 high mountain pass. Doubt any of us would have made it up. It was slick as snot.
    From there we tried to run LVL 3 Black mamba backwards, althought listed as a 3 runing in reverse is more like a 4 or 5 in the one spot and not possbile for our group.

We watched some rack buggy play and headed over to LVL 3 Rocker knocker. On the way up rocker knocker we suffered most of our carange. Bruce use of the skinny peadal gave us a great show while bouncing / flying over rocks and he Broke his spring perch bolt ( we found out later). On the last obsticle 2 out of 5 had to have small tug up. The Blue XJ made it up and over on his on power but another use of the skiny pedal after the obsticle casued a drive shaft to shred some rocks.

All in All we had a great time and enjoyed the adventure

(Edit as you see fit to include in the write up)
    07 JK 2 DR Rubicon, RTI Score 673, 32's TereFlex 2.5 lift with shocks ,1 inch M.O.R.E Body Lift, Custom Bumper By Fred and Dave, and Raingler nets & grips , CB CH 4

With out soldier sacrifice America would not be here today. Soldier on Hooah!!!

http://www.wheelersforthewounded.com/index.htm

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...e.php?ref=home

http://campmj.com/

Branch
    Marine Corps
    Status
    Served
    Served
    1980 to 1984

Closest Installation

Fort Carson
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm confused. Who won my bumper? I need to get some hardware shiped to 'em.
    http://zhvac.webs.com/

9/11 - WE WILL NEVER FORGET!! (<---<<click)

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    1993 to Present

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You know how murphy is well Hillbille was not able to come down from Min due to last minute illness with his son. So the winner and Hillbille are trying to work out that situation. Larry or fred has the name and info for you Im sure.
    07 JK 2 DR Rubicon, RTI Score 673, 32's TereFlex 2.5 lift with shocks ,1 inch M.O.R.E Body Lift, Custom Bumper By Fred and Dave, and Raingler nets & grips , CB CH 4

With out soldier sacrifice America would not be here today. Soldier on Hooah!!!

http://www.wheelersforthewounded.com/index.htm

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...e.php?ref=home

http://campmj.com/

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Retired
    Served
    1984 to 2006

Closest Installation

Fort Hood
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Had a great time!!! Thanks!!!

Branch
    Navy
    Status
    Retired
    Served
    1992 to Present

Closest Installation

Scott AFB
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The family and I had a great time. Thanks to everyone who helped make it all happen. Wish I had more time to shoot the shit with everyone.

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Retired
    Served
    1986 to 2008

Closest Installation

Fort Leonard Wood
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by frankZ View Post
    I'm confused. Who won my bumper? I need to get some hardware shiped to 'em.
    I cant remember his name LOL. He came with Dfoot I think, the joke was you won a great bumper but we don't have it because Hillbillies son was too sick to travel. We have to get you linked up with Hillbillie from Colorado so you can get it shipped.
    F'it, aint my Jeep!
    Beer does a Jeep Good

No Mas Jeepalonie

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    1992 to Present

Closest Installation

Fort Campbell
    Mentioned