1991 to 2012

Closest Installation

Fort Carson
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Bumper Help

Ok, so I have this bumper that I though was a Wilderness Product. I contacted them and they told me they didn't make it. I did so because I have to put all my weight into opening it and closing it. Tried to grease it using the johnie joint, but it's frozed so I'll have to replace it and try again. Can anyone identify this, I'm kind of thinking the service dude at wilderness was high and didn't know what he was talking about.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Sven
    Colorado Springs Chapter Calendar and News

'04 Wrangler Rubi, 5.5" Extreme Duty LA, 35" Goodyear Duratrac's, Warn RC 9.0 (Sold - My life sucks)

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Retired
    Served
    1991 to 2012

Closest Installation

Fort Carson
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Refined my search and found what I was looking for. Thanx guy's.

http://www.jeeppartsdealer.com/categ...-jeep-bumpers/
    Sven

'04 Wrangler Rubi, 5.5" Extreme Duty LA, 35" Goodyear Duratrac's, Warn RC 9.0 (Sold - My life sucks)

Branch
    Air Force
    Status
    Retired
    Served
    1965 to 1991

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welcome, glad I could help.
    I'm Mike, make sure you spell it right, because I do not want to get the wrong A$$hole in trouble.

If you do not have time to do it right the first time, how do you have time do do it over?

www.jeepforum.com michiganmaveric

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Retired
    Served
    1978 to 2014

Closest Installation

USAF Academy
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Wow, that rack is a direct copy of my Wilderness rear bumper tire carrier made by Garvin Industries....so this is what I do, the grease zert is useless, I take the nut off the top of the joint and use 3:1 oil, WD-40 works too, but not as well. Never had a problem with it in Colorado, but mine froze up on me while up at Fort Lewis and this seemed to do the trick.

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Retired
    Served
    1991 to 2012

Closest Installation

Fort Carson
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SGM O View Post
    Wow, that rack is a direct copy of my Wilderness rear bumper tire carrier made by Garvin Industries....so this is what I do, the grease zert is useless, I take the nut off the top of the joint and use 3:1 oil, WD-40 works too, but not as well. Never had a problem with it in Colorado, but mine froze up on me while up at Fort Lewis and this seemed to do the trick.
    Thanx brother. As it turned out, I was talking to Warrior Products and not Wilderness. I'm an idiot. I'll try the WD40 as I have a gallon of it in my garage. I'm gonna work on it as soon as my wife gives me a free minute. I tried to grease it using the zerk fitting, but it's clogged or something. Pulled it out and it looks like there is old graphite grease in there that is preventing normal grease from getting in. I'm gonna pull it apart sometime to really look at it.
    Sven