2004 to 2008

Closest Installation

Fort Myer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default 04 TJ 4.0L fender & wheel/tires or BBL & wheel/tires question

Ok so I realize I have been wavering back and forth on lifts on the forums recently. I had at one point concluded that the 2” BB lift with a 1” body lift and MML was the way I was going to go in order to run the 33x12.50 15R that I so badly want. Since the 5 wheels/tires alone are going to run me about $1450 that leaves me with only about $550 to do whatever I can come up with to run the tires and not to jack my rig up.

I am thinking now that I want to try and keep my center of gravity (if possible) but still run my 33’s without having too many issues. I guess my question is would it be better to do the 2” BB lift with a 1” body lift and MML or could I run either http://www.quadratec.com/products/12506_440_07.htm or http://www.quadratec.com/products/12511_616_07.htm and stuff my 33’s under my rig and have it function properly?

I am trying to find the best solution to run these tires without doing my rig any harm and have a good base to do more mods in the future as more $$$ becomes available. I realize putting these tires on will eventually require me to re-gear to 4.10 or 4.56 gears to get the performance back but what else would I need to do to run the 33’s with the new fenders and not have “issues”. If there truly is no good way to just do the fenders and tires, then I will end up just doing the BBL thing and asking for some help to put on the BB stuff. I guess I am trying to dance that tight line of needing to do the SYE and all the other stuff that comes with a lift over 4” until I can afford to do it right.

Thanks for the feedback!

Respectfully,

Brent
    Last edited by Pgg365247; 06-16-2010 at 19:05.

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Served
    Served
    2001 to 2002

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

there is a 3" rough country lift that might interest you, and the cost is about $550.with it you can maintain your center of gravity and fit your 33 under it. then you can get the fenders you want if you want more room for your tires. for an everyday or highway fuel milage gear wise, 373 gears will be ok. but if it's weekend thrill ride then the 456 gears will be perfect. just remember when you do your lift, to check your brake lines for tolerence. last thing you need is to snap one of those on a trail.
    "If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything"
    quote from movie "sucker punch"