1997 to Present

Closest Installation

Fort Drum
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default MJ East Coast Planning

Lets get the ball rolling! This is what I thought about an organizational setup, it can be expanded, molded, etc. Starting early will mean no rushing or overlooking, and ensure a great time for all. It will also allow us to look deeper into the suggestions and make some happen.

Event Manager: Overall respsonsible; leads planning; ensures timeline; heads meeting; gives guidence and direction.

Assistant EM: Steps in for EM in absences; Takes roll of section managers if needed; Performs assigned duties as needed.

Safety Manager: Develops safety plans for event; both for wheeling and none wheeling events; develops required on trail equipment; ensures event and personnel stays in compliance.

Operations Manager: Overseas registration and trail operations; helps develop registrations process, trail groups and saturday dinner/night activities; develops list of parks with pros/cons to host MJ EC to present to committee.

Registration: Responsible for developing and maintaing the registration process; Setup and breakdown of registration area; "Welcome Committee"

Trail Boss: Responsible for developing trail groups and routes based; ensures vehicles comply with park/mj safety; selects trail guides

Trail Guides: Ensure safety of trail group; Lead group through park; give off road guidence; ensure vehicles/members are on proper trails.

Activities: Host and develop plan for dinner/get together event

Logistics Manager: Responsible for food, lodging and general supply; Will help acquire campgounds or hotels for event; Help develop dinner meal plan and aquire proper facilities and equipment; Report to committee; Ensure all supply needs are met.

Food: Develop meal plan for dinner/night event; Find suitable services and/or facilities; Contact varity of vendors if needed to find and report to LM.

Lodging: Contact campground/hotels to reserve space and facilities to house members; Help aquire facilities to host dinner/night event. report to LM.

Supply: Help with generic and unforeseen supply needs; Act as Logistics floater.

Public Relations Manager: Head development of plan for sponsorship and media/advertising; Develop Camp MJ logo and apparel; Find cost to produce apparel and report to committee.

Sponsorship: Develop plan to reach out to companies to sponsor Camp MJ EC; Work with other CMJ events to ensure same companies are not contacted; Reach out for monetary, grab bag or raffle items.

Media: Assist in the development of CMJ EC logo and apparel; Collect photos and video to produce gallery and video for post-CMJ EC review; Assist PRM where needed.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Scottie; 06-22-2010 at 10:43.
    Scottie
    To my fellow Veterans that served and protected our country thank you. To those who live on our shores and continue to disrespect our history... leave.

Back to 1 Jeep... for now rroadkilll's Avatar

Branch
    Coast Guard
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2005 to Present

Closest Installation

AIRSTA Elizabeth City
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WOW...

Good idea!!!

Branch
    Navy
    Status
    Served
    Served
    1999 to 2010

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I didn't see anything about location on there... has that already been decided, or are we going to start taking requests and do another vote?

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2003 to Present

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Standby for location details

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    1997 to Present

Closest Installation

Fort Richardson
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I got an email back with information about the park. I am on USO computer and I forwarded the email to chris since he posted above.

time is out, gotta go.

Whiskey Tango Fox-Trot! Scottie's Avatar

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    1997 to Present

Closest Installation

Fort Drum
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

:fingerscrossed:
    Scottie
    To my fellow Veterans that served and protected our country thank you. To those who live on our shores and continue to disrespect our history... leave.

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2003 to Present

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The East Coast event will be held at Big Dogs this year. John, the owner, has lowered the price for MJ to be there for a weekend to $50 per vehicle and $30 for the weekend of camping.

RC's prices have gone up slightly as I found when I went there last Friday. Still $35 to wheel but now $15 for membership. It'll be $5 cheaper at Big Dogs and allegedly bigger and better campgrounds. The first Camp MJ a few of us were stuck sleeping on the gravel and that blew. I'll happily pay a little extra coin for real campsites.

Secondly, John is a MJ member (we have to find his account hah). Ex-Navy SEAL and owns a couple of jeeps. To quote some of the stuff in the email that will be available:

"400 campsites, hot showers 24/7, 4 large mountains, 3 large lakes, a beach seen on my home page, rifle and handgun range, rock climbing & rappelling, famous mud pits side by side, night runs, bon fire and Saturday night celebration and more. Big Dogs provides all guides, insurance, medical, recovery, 4WD Training School for free"

Thoughts? It's a bit more centralized on the eastern US so that's another huge perk to get guys from the south an opportunity to get up here.

Branch
    Navy
    Status
    Served
    Served
    1999 to 2010

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Awesome!

Branch
    Air Force Reserves
    Status
    Retired
    Served
    1978 to 2000

Closest Installation

Fort Lee
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yea man, Big Dogs...

Back to 1 Jeep... for now rroadkilll's Avatar

Branch
    Coast Guard
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2005 to Present

Closest Installation

AIRSTA Elizabeth City
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do we have an address for the wheeling location?

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast