2000 to Present

Closest Installation

Fort Leonard Wood
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Weekend Wheeler Project

I know it's kinda small, but it is still a Jeep.

Since I have to wait for block leave to work on the TJ, I decided to go a little smaller. I went with an Axial SCX10 to make a scaler of my old XJ.

Here is my new ride so far (it looks orange, but it's really red):

The rear windows (all but windshield and front two windows) are tinted. Tinting windows on a RC are a pain in the ass. I painted the inside silver, and the outside red and black. So when I scratch it (I already have) it will look like a real scratch.
    I will have working headlights, turn signals (marker lights) F/R, tail lights, and front fog lights. I got this sweet wiring harness for the LEDs from Bills Custom RC Lighting http://www.billscustomrclighting.com/

Great quality, service, shipping times, and pricing wasn't bad. He hooked me up with all the lights powered by a 9v, with two switches. I wanted all the lights on one circuit to be on all the time, but the front fogs on a different circuit. I have to get them installed, the hard part is making the light buckets to attach to the body.

I am in the process of making bumpers F/R, to match the 1:1 as best as I can, since I am going off of pics only.

I have to trim the fenders a little more as well, but its coming along.

I plan on putting leaf springs in the rear, as well as a hand bros steering kit, for the scale look. Working on some real sliders as well. No winch on this one. Trying to copy the 1:1. An interior MAY be down the road. I have to use my Jeep fund for this Jeep too .

There is one piece that is left, I will keep it a secret until I get it done, but I am sure that you all will find it worth the wait.

Bobby

Oh, and some gratuitus tire humping:

www.pnwjeep.com

Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms should be a convienent store, not a government agency.

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Served
    Served
    1985 to 1998

Closest Installation

Fort McCoy
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice! I like the 'crawler' style RC's. I have a 2wd Traxxus truck, it flies! But I'd rather have one of the slow creepers

But between firearms, reloading, and 4 Jeeps, I just don't have any more 'funds'

As long as the people remain armed,
    government knows that it cannot rule over the people by force.
    Those who stand in defiance of unconstitutional laws
    do so out of duty, honor, oath and love of country.

"Certified Jeep Junky!"

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2002 to Present

Closest Installation

Fort Hood
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks great! I like those new XJ bodies. I'd like to get one for my Night Crawler, but like you, Jeep funds are Jeep funds....regardless of scale!
    Prepared for the Zombies

91 XJ, 4.5" RC Long Arm Suspension, 35" BFG KM's on black steelies, Ford 8.8 rear, D30 w/Aussie, AA SYE, Custom bumpers, JCR Rock Sliders, Rusty's gas tank skid