2001 to Present

Closest Installation

Peterson AFB
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default tires

so im about to order some new tires. i want to get 35x12.5 pitbull rockers but everyone i talk to is telling me they are on back order with no foreseen ship date. im waiting on one more vendor if he has them great if not i will be looking for a different tire. i was looking at green diamond icelander mt tires but their website also says they are on back order. now im thinking the bfg's with kevlar or procomp xterrains. what do you guys think? any input or other tire suggestions would be nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by usnavymitchells View Post
    I am officially a Huge Steeler's Fan!
    97 ZJ Murdered Out! (SOLD ), 5.5" Clayton L/A's front and rear, 242 swap, HP30 & 8.8 w/ 4.88's & Eaton ELocker's F/R, 35" Goodyear Wrangler MT/R's with Kevlar.

Grand Cherokee Owners
    http://www.militaryjeepers.com/commu...php?groupid=44

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Retired
    Served
    1978 to 2014

Closest Installation

USAF Academy
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Issue is that there are like 30 companies that sell tires, but only five who actually make them, and several are owned bt each other, etc. So the major tire manufacturer in the US is in finanacial trouble and consolidating plants so yes there are a lot of popular size tires that are out of stock right now.

Don't know who you have talked to in the Springs, Discount Tire, Predator, Big O, 4-Wheel Parts? The reason I ask is that the chains, Discount, Big O and 4-Wheel Parts all have to pull from their warehouse. Predator and other independents buy from tire wholesalers and I have been able to get tires from them when the chains are out of stock.

Personally I like BFG Goodrich tires, and if you are considering them you may want to check out AAFES as well, they won't have them in stock, but they can order them.

Branch
    Air Force
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2001 to Present

Closest Installation

Peterson AFB
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ive talked to 4wheel parts and another individual on pirate 4x4 Im waiting on Crazy Ed's performance which is a local independent and the only guy in town to sell them. There is a shop in Woodland I am thinking of contacting.

Talked to Ed and due to their main supplier going bankrupt then having to switch to a new one they are pretty backlogged. In my original post I had a brain fart/typo I meant to say the Goodyear MT/R with Kevlar. I have a friend running them but really haven't wheeled them. Has anyone here wheeled them yet? I can get them for 205 a tire at the moment but still pricing around.
    Last edited by Irish_Assassin; 07-06-2010 at 12:47.
    97 ZJ Murdered Out! (SOLD ), 5.5" Clayton L/A's front and rear, 242 swap, HP30 & 8.8 w/ 4.88's & Eaton ELocker's F/R, 35" Goodyear Wrangler MT/R's with Kevlar.

Grand Cherokee Owners

F it! It ain't my Jeep. Ricky Booby's Avatar

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2000 to Present

Closest Installation

Fort Leonard Wood
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

205 is a good price for that tire. I got mine for 219 a piece. I plan on wheeling them hopefully this weekend.
    www.pnwjeep.com

Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms should be a convienent store, not a government agency.

Branch
    Navy
    Status
    Served
    Served
    1994 to 1998

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Big difference in tread between the PB Rocker and a GY MTR Kevlar. Is this a DD? If you want a super aggressive tire, why not look at the Maxxis CC? The new GY MTR is getting pretty good reviews from what Ive read, but, still a little early to find out tread life. I was lucky enough to find a set of 5 old style 35" GY MTRs with the stickers still on them. Next tire? not sure, I am eyeballing the Maxxis CCs though.

Branch
    Air Force
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2001 to Present

Closest Installation

Peterson AFB
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Those are nice but are not recommended for street use and my rig is my dd. Would really prefer the Rockers. I know its a big jump from KM2's or the MT/R's for the Rockers but I'm still looking around.

Grand Cherokee Owners

Machete wielding woodsman 94GC52's Avatar

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    1992 to Present

Closest Installation

Fort Carson
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I run Mickey Thompson MTZ's and I love em. The lugs clean out really well, are not loud on the road, and have a very respectable wear time on them. Along with that even after sitting in one place for a year at a time they have no flat spots.
    Got Machete?

98 GC Special Edition 5.9l (build in progress) RE 4.5" SF Lift, Mickey Thompson 33" MTZ's, 15x10 ProComp 152's, ProtoFab Pre-Runner Winch Bumper, 10k winch, Np242 Tcase Swap...

Branch
    Marine Corps
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2005 to Present

Closest Installation

Camp Pendleton
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BGF doesn't make a kevlar, Goodyear does. Look at mt thread from last week. I just bought a set of GY MTR/kevlars, and love them. You can never, ever beat discount tire's price match guarantee and warranty.
    3rd Batallion 5th Marines
    Killing more people than aids since 1917

www.4x4corps.com

www.MilitaryFitnessForum.com

on top, usually

Branch
    Navy
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2002 to 2010

Closest Installation

Fort Leonard Wood
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i wouldnt run a BFG tire unless its a krawler on a serious wheeling rig. as for the pro comps, i wouldnt run them on ANY of my vehicles if they gave them away. i had a set of 315-70-16's on my CTD tow rig and they were complete garbage.

on top, usually

Branch
    Navy
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2002 to 2010

Closest Installation

Fort Leonard Wood
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

after abusing my hankook RT03's on my dodge cummins, truck pulling, boosted launches at the track, and general shenanigans they have held up great. im currently running them in the 35" flavor and they still are doing fine thus far.

they're the dynapro MT's (RT03 is the model)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast