2007 to 2010

Closest Installation

Scott AFB
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default hydro boost

to day at the junk yard i find a late 80's (no tags to tell me the year) cucv that had just got there with the 6.2 diesel 10 bolts front and rear nothing special all but i did see an intact hydro boost setup so i grabbed it for $20 no i am looking how to install it i got the fire wall location set and rod lenght (use the stock yj locations and cut the rod to fit then weld back together) and i grabed a auto tranny cooler that i will cut down and only use 2 rows so i will not have excesive cooling but i need some and i will route the line the same as they way they were on the cucv my question is the power steering pump i need a way to mod the stock pump for more pressure or find a junk yard pump i can make work i am thinking grab the cucv pump and adapt it to fit the yj but just in the research phase of the project and was seeing if you all had any ideas
    Rocks to a Jeep are like crack to an addict

Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms should be a convienent store, not a government agency.
    Quote Originally Posted by trailsnail View Post
    Anything can be fixed with enough redneckery.

on top, usually

Branch
    Navy
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2002 to 2010

Closest Installation

Fort Leonard Wood
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

your stock pump should be fine. i ran a hydrboost on my 91 YJ with the stock pump and hydro assist. add a quality flow through cooler and good fluid and rock it.