Serving
    Served
    2004 to Present

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default 2004-2005 willys jeeps

does any one know where i can find a 2004-2005 willys jeep wrangler? I have been wanting one for some time but it seems like they are extremly hard to find. I live on the east coast so anything close would be best.

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Retired
    Served
    1967 to 1994

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

22d2_1.JPG

Next to impossible to find, but you can make one up real easy if you can find one in the dark green. The decals are available and its not much more than that EXCEPT the hard thing to come is the seats as they were a woodland green camo.

But I can help: I have a '06 LJ proper color of green (and its a RUBICON w/6 spd) AND I have a FULL set of front and rear OEM Willy's seats I am getting ready to put on Craigs list or e bay. I bought these for a project and I have since gone in another direction...they are NOT cheap.

Build your own.
    Don

'15 Jeep Unlimited Rubicon Hard Rock...OLD SCHOOL 6 Spd Manual Trans
    17 Oaks Ranch Companies LLC

www.savagesun4x4.com

jstgoose

Branch
    Army National Guard
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2004 to Present

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

where did you get the seats and decals?
    So you might be selling your jeep? or just the seats?
    thanks for the help i didnt know you could buy just the seats and decals...

Branch
    Navy
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2000 to 2014

Closest Installation

Malmstrom AFB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Get ahold of Tickwomp. He has one in his driveway, he might know more.

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Retired
    Served
    1967 to 1994

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I got the seats after an extensive search from an outfit up N that is a reseller in Jeep parts. I came across the decals while searching for some Army decals and I too was amazed they had sets of the '04 - '05 Willy's. I also think they are still available from MOPAR.

I went to buy a '05 Willy's but it could not be ordered with the Rubicon package, same with the Sahara. I have built several Jeeps using components. The most difficult is obtaining seats. Everything else is either decals or Jeep line add ons such as gas shocks, driving lights etc.

If you are wanting something unique then build your own Willy's out of my Jeep + the Willy's seats. I have a '06 Jeep LJ in the proper color for the Willy's model and its a Rubicon, for sale here (ONLY here for now) http://www.militaryjeepers.com/commu...-06-Rubicon-LJ add decals and seats and you have a one-off Willy's - Rubicon.

I am selling because of a change in plans. I bought it to merge it with a '55 Willy's wagon I bought. I also have a '03 Jeep Rubicon rock crawler that is well built including f/r Dynatrac ProRock 60 axles. So with 3 rigs setting on the shop apron and my F 350 truck plus an upcoming move to Texas from here in AZ something needs to go. The only candidate is the '06 Jeep as I no longer need it since I changed my mind on using the frame out of it for the Willys Wagon.

I am the second owner of the '06, and its a Montana Jeep from a ranch up there. Its low mileage and has been well maintained. It also has a OEM plug in engine heater...guess they needed that up in Montana.

If you are interested I will cut you a package deal on Jeep and seats. You can sell the OEM seats that are in it or I can keep them, no diff in price. The only real mod I have made to it is the rear frame structural mod I do on LOTS of Jeeps. We are out here in rock crawler country and coming down off waterfalls and ledges can take toll on the rear frame cross member. I add corner reinforcements and a piece of angle steel completely across the rear cross member. Not only will this save your corners when sliding off ledges but when the guy behind you who is texting on his cell fone looks up and you are stopped at the light and he can't...you will be undamaged and he will be a tow job. Ask the guy who hit my '03 Jeep in his Taurus found out. Its an unnoticeable mod and OEM or after-market bumpers fit perfectly: pix-writeup http://www.savagesun4x4.com/enter/ho...umper_rei.html

If interested and serious and in a position to pull the trigger, shoot me a pm and it can happen...
    Don

www.savagesun4x4.com

Branch
    Marine Corps
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2005 to Present

Closest Installation

Camp Pendleton
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have one but i'm out the door. PM me.
    3rd Batallion 5th Marines
    Killing more people than aids since 1917

www.4x4corps.com

www.MilitaryFitnessForum.com

Branch
    Marine Corps
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2005 to Present

Closest Installation

Camp Pendleton
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/group...-owners-group/

This is a group I'm with. I have an 05 Willys edition and can answer any questions. They are hard to find because they only made a grand total of 3000 I think. Most clubs for the Willys edition require VIN.

Edit: I forgot to mention I regret buying one and if I could have gone back I would have saved some money and bought a Rubicon. I spent 17k on mine.
    3rd Batallion 5th Marines
    Killing more people than aids since 1917

www.4x4corps.com

www.MilitaryFitnessForum.com

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    1991 to Present

Closest Installation

Fort Myer
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

IMHO...the "Willys" edition, and most of the Stealership special editions are a waste of money for what you get. If it were me looking to "re-create" one just for the "look" I would HIGHLY recomend buying Savage's Rubicon. At least that way you have a jeep that can back up the looks. Though even at that...why?*edit: not why savage's jeep but why go with the exact jeep version BDU pattern*
    If you want a military looking jeep why not start with the green rubicon and then go modern? I haven't had my BDU's (what the Willys camo seat is patterend after) on since the late 90s. As much as I dislike the ACUs I wear now...maybe try that route?
    Here is another idea. Since the seats are really the biggest component...do something like I am doing. I have a 91 YJ that I have been slowly turning into a tribute to the MB. Its all OD green...everywhere! And I am using a pair of Mastercraft suspension seats. You can call MC and they will sell you the same seats they sell to the military for the MRAPs..its their suspension seat with an OD, fire resistant cover...kinda cool. You could prob get a rear seat too. And given what I imagine the stealership would sell the "Willys" BDU factory seats for the MC seats may even be cheaper!?!

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Retired
    Served
    1967 to 1994

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you Dreamer and I agree. I got tired of buying GREEN Sahara's and tried to order one in Red and it was a no can do. So in talking to the dealer he said why not build what you want. They gave me the list of items that made up the Sahara and I ordered a Red Jeep, D 44 axle, gas shocks, driving lights etc. Then when it came in I swapped my seats for a set of Sahara seats that they had pulled from a new Sahara and installed leather seats. My rig was a dealer built Sahara in Red to include the decals. When I sold it I got a premo price due to the 'only' Red Sahara around. Sure the VIN did not reflect it being a Sahara, but the VIN also tells you what options it has...looks like a duck, quacks like a duck...you get the picture.

I had a roll bar topper made out of Woodland camo, then we headed out to the desert, so I swapped to desert cammo, then we went to the current ACU's so I guess I need to change my topper on my roll bar...AGAIN. LOL.
    Don

www.savagesun4x4.com