User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CMJRM Carnage, Breakage, all out no luck.

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Retired
    Served
    1991 to 2012

Closest Installation

Fort Carson
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default CMJRM Carnage, Breakage, all out no luck.

DSCN0149.JPGDSCN0148.JPG

James (RollbarRequired) Pulled his Track Bar out on the first obstacle (Day 2). Nothing a half dozen Jeepers couldn't fix. At least he was up on the rocks and everyone could stand up while working on it. It made it nice and easy to fix. Bad thing was, that evening, a few did a night run, and it popped out once again on the way down on the last turn before came. Somehow he managed to get it back to camp with the track bar disconnected.

DSCN0153.JPGDSCN0154.JPGDSCN0155.JPG

I got home and noticed a nice oil leak in my driveway. There were even drops heading up to the spot. I wiped off the underside, but couldn't see where it was coming from. I pulled it into the garage, and after sitting over night, saw that there was a new spot. Looks like it's coming from somewhere in between the bell housing and oil pan. Looks like I'll be dropping it off at the dealership. Bummer.

DSCN0157.JPGDSCN0156.JPG

Of course you can't expect not to have some rock rash. My rear drive shaft got some nice twisty marks. I also used my belly skid to skid on some rocks. It works well. You can also see some oil spots on the belly skid and other parts under neath my jeep.
    Sven
    Colorado Springs Chapter Calendar and News

'04 Wrangler Rubi, 5.5" Extreme Duty LA, 35" Goodyear Duratrac's, Warn RC 9.0 (Sold - My life sucks)

Branch
    Navy
    Status
    Served
    Served
    1994 to 1998

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My money is on the rear main seal. No major carnage this weekend for anyone from the sounds of it, at least nothing that wasn't easily fixed with hand tools and elbow grease.

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Served
    Served
    2000 to 2010

Closest Installation

Tinker AFB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

other then the noise that i had before the trip i only have a few new scratches on the underside.
    Will

Jeeps don't break down, they're just extremely demanding when they need parts replaced!

2001 wrangler sport, 30 front, 44 rear w/ 4.88's and rear E-locker, 3" suspention, and 3" body lift, 37" BFG BAJA's on TWF bead lock rims,
    Snorkel, Crawler bumper with stinger,xrc-10 winch w/ synthetic line, GPS, and CB.

/l ,[____],
    l---L -OlllllllO-
    ()_)-()_)--o-)_)

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Served
    Served
    2004 to 2009

Closest Installation

Fort Carson
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Got some major dents in my belly skid and some fresh rock rash on just about everything underneath. Got more rash on all four brand new wheels. Yay! Also, pulled a Ken and hit a tree when I slipped off a wet boulder.

IMG_0189.jpg

On a side note, I'm thoroughly impressed with the Goodyear MTR Kevlars. Traction was never a problem and rock chunks are at a minimum even with all the boulder fields we went through. 15 psi worked perfect.

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Retired
    Served
    1991 to 2012

Closest Installation

Fort Carson
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jefe View Post
    My money is on the rear main seal. No major carnage this weekend for anyone from the sounds of it, at least nothing that wasn't easily fixed with hand tools and elbow grease.
    Yup, rear main and an axle seal went out with a few other things that need attention that I wouldn't have expected after purchase 2 months ago.

Quote Originally Posted by ColoFreeJeeper View Post
    Got some major dents in my belly skid and some fresh rock rash on just about everything underneath. Got more rash on all four brand new wheels. Yay! Also, pulled a Ken and hit a tree when I slipped off a wet boulder.

IMG_0189.jpg

On a side note, I'm thoroughly impressed with the Goodyear MTR Kevlars. Traction was never a problem and rock chunks are at a minimum even with all the boulder fields we went through. 15 psi worked perfect.
    I came out good with the duratracs too. No signs of any lug wear/tears. They handled awesome as well.
    Sven

'04 Wrangler Rubi, 5.5" Extreme Duty LA, 35" Goodyear Duratrac's, Warn RC 9.0 (Sold - My life sucks)

Vice President MJCS simple88wrangler's Avatar

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    1997 to Present

Closest Installation

Fort Carson
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Of course I have new starches underneath, but the only things that went bad was the lower steering bearing popping out and inverting shackles...
    /l ,[____],
    l---L []llllll[]-
    ()_)-()_)-o-)_) 1988 YJ W/4.0HO, AW4 swap with Rad Shifter, Waggy & Isuzu 44's, Eaton E-Lockers, 5.13 gears, 37" KM2's, Front 3 link with FOA 16 inch coilovers, rear triangulated 4 link w stock TJ coils, WB stretched to 103", Currie anti-rock sway bar, custom highline tube fenders, Rear aluminum crusher corners, Poison Spyder rocker knockers, TNT rear bumper and tire carrier.

Branch
    Navy
    Status
    Served
    Served
    1994 to 1998

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My track bar bolt came loose( the upper one )giving me some wobble up front, and my steering wheel sits at 2 o'clock when going straight. Haven't gone through the whole thing yet, just parked it and unloaded and there it sits.

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Retired
    Served
    1991 to 2012

Closest Installation

Fort Carson
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Was talking to American Ride yesterday and he bent both his rear axle shafts.
    Sven

Vice President MJCS simple88wrangler's Avatar

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    1997 to Present

Closest Installation

Fort Carson
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

really....
    /l ,[____],
    l---L []llllll[]-
    ()_)-()_)-o-)_) 1988 YJ W/4.0HO, AW4 swap with Rad Shifter, Waggy & Isuzu 44's, Eaton E-Lockers, 5.13 gears, 37" KM2's, Front 3 link with FOA 16 inch coilovers, rear triangulated 4 link w stock TJ coils, WB stretched to 103", Currie anti-rock sway bar, custom highline tube fenders, Rear aluminum crusher corners, Poison Spyder rocker knockers, TNT rear bumper and tire carrier.

Branch
    Navy
    Status
    Served
    Served
    1994 to 1998

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow! I wonder where he did that?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast