User Tag List

Thread: Which front sway bar kit to go with?

Branch
    Navy
    Status
    Retired
    Served
    1992 to Present

Closest Installation

Scott AFB
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Which front sway bar kit to go with?

As I posted in my last thread, I tore up my factory sway bar and quick disconnects. So now I am looking at replacing the factory one with either the TeraFlex S/T system, the Currie Antirock kit, or the Skyjacker RockLock assembly. Besides the price, what are the pros and cons for the ease of instillation and the performance of these three different kits?

Jeep is a 2004 Rubicon with a 4" TeraFlex long arm and a 1" body lift with 35" tires.

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Retired
    Served
    1978 to 2014

Closest Installation

USAF Academy
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I have the Teraflex S/T system and I like it alot. One thing it does is that off road you still have a sway bar, it is just a light duty one, but it helps hold the front down on hill climbs, etc. then with a simple twist of the knob and you are back to a full sway bar for street use. Even if you are not on level surface you can make the change and it will pop in or out while you are driving to the setting you have it at.

One thing I did change on mine was the bottom brackets. I have the Teraflex LCG lift (5" spring, 1" body) and I snapped the down link because I was flexing so much. From the factory there was no side to side movement allowed, only front to back. By cutting the bottem bracket and then welding it back on at a 90 dregree angle my downlinks can move front to back and side to side and I have not had an issue since.

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Retired
    Served
    1967 to 1994

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am a Currie Anti-Rock guy for one KEY reason...SIMPLICITY, no more, no less. No tricks, no gimmicks, air hoses, electric motors (JK electric motor replace is $2k). I have run the Currie on my Rubicon since '03, same setting (loose) and never had an issue. They are the most bullet-proof system out there, the rest are gadgets far as I am concerned.

The TeraFlex is a good one and I say that because a good friend of mine is the engineer that designed it and sold it to them. He is a smart guy, one of the smartest I know in the Jeep world, but I still don't run it )) that is just me.
    Don

'15 Jeep Unlimited Rubicon Hard Rock...OLD SCHOOL 6 Spd Manual Trans
    17 Oaks Ranch Companies LLC

www.savagesun4x4.com