1997 to Present

Closest Installation

Fort Richardson
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Rear jeep seat with harness??

Do they make a rear jeep seat with a harness? We have a 6 yr old daughter that sits in a booster seat and i don't really like just having the lap and shoulder belt across her when wheeling. I would rather she sit lower in the seat and use a harness like we are looking to get with our front seats. I am unable to find anything on rear seats with a harness system. I am thinking she would not have to have the booster seat if she was using a 5 point harness.

We also have a 2 yr old son and he sits in a car seat. I think the harness would be wrong for him, because it may not go small enough, but in the end if seems like the harness system would actually be safer for him also since that is basically what he has in his car seat.

Do they have single (non-bench) seats for the rear of an 06 Wrangler Unlimited? It only seats two in the back anyway even with the bench seat becuase there are only 2 seat belts. Do you think it would be possible to add front style seats into the rear safely? That would be another option I could look into if I could get TXPRO 4x4 to fab something up for me.

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    1997 to Present

Closest Installation

Fort Richardson
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Figures, as soon as I post this, 40 pages into the seat selection at 4wd, I find some that may work for the rear:

Baja Ultra Fixed-Back Seat by Corbeau

Baja Ultra Fixed-Back Seat Wide Version by Corbeau

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Retired
    Served
    1965 to 1968

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last edited by warrior; 08-17-2010 at 12:11.
    If you don't give up---You will never fail.

8th Combat Engineers (Sapper) (Vietnam 66)

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Retired
    Served
    1978 to 2014

Closest Installation

USAF Academy
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Ryan, Mastercraft makes a seat called the Mini Me, hard to find on their website, but if you call them they can give you the info. There is also a company near Yakima, WA that has a seat, I will try to find their info and post it for you. We use the car seat for my 2 year old daughter and she wears a helmet when we are off roading...mostly because she falls asleep in the Jeep and the helmet keeps her head from flopping around. Since there is only the three of us, when I decide to replace the seats in the TJ I think I will mount a single Mastercraft or Corbeau in the rear for her and take the rear seat out all together...at that point I am guessing I will need room for a dog too

F it! It ain't my Jeep. Ricky Booby's Avatar

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2000 to Present

Closest Installation

Fort Leonard Wood
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have one for Emili, my 7 year old. It is PRP's pre teen seat. It is a little big for her, but she is very petite, still wearing 5 and 6T clothes. She will grow into it. It hasn't been put in the TJ yet, as the cage is not done, still waiting on the front seats to get here. Then cage, and front/rear seats will go in.

I called PRP, and they made a harness for the seat. Had to call for the "child" sizing.

http://www.prpseats.com/Products/21-...years-old.aspx

I will get mock up pics posted up later when I get home from work.

Bobby
    www.pnwjeep.com

Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms should be a convienent store, not a government agency.

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    1988 to Present

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MilJeep, I too am looking for a single rear seat option. I would like the ability to have the extra storage space plus seating for 2 kids (1 up front). The boy already has a Master Craft booster seat for his MC Baja RS and Crow 5 point harness, but when the girl (14 years old) goes wheeling she shares the rear seat with a load of kit to sustain 3 of us in any weather conditions and additional recovery gear. Anyone that has wheeled/camped with us on a 2+ day event in the winter would think it was the Clampett's rolling in from the Ozark swamp. Ol hell, you have seen us, why am I trying to explain that to you.

At first I looked at a split rear seat that allowed on side to fold up, however the few options (Rampage) does not make a 99 TJ application. At one time there was a company that way making a custom one. You simple sent in your rear seat and they cut and finished it for you however they appear to no longer to be in business....this option allowed for single rear seat as well as being able to remove it all together.

Anyhow, I am very interest in how your research goes and the options you discover. Anyone with pic or recommendations please post up or provide links to your finds. Thanks in advance.

Austere Mobility in a '99 TJ Sport with a few bells and whistles

The bravest of all Spartans was Dienekes. It is said that on the eve of battle, he was told by a native of Trachis that “the Persian archers were so numerous that, when they fire their volleys, the mass of arrows will block out the sun.”

Dienekes, however, quite undaunted by this prospect, remarked with a laugh, “Good. Then we’ll fight in the shade!”

Non Vi Sed Arte

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    1988 to Present

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any luck on the research???

Austere Mobility in a '99 TJ Sport with a few bells and whistles

The bravest of all Spartans was Dienekes. It is said that on the eve of battle, he was told by a native of Trachis that “the Persian archers were so numerous that, when they fire their volleys, the mass of arrows will block out the sun.”

Dienekes, however, quite undaunted by this prospect, remarked with a laugh, “Good. Then we’ll fight in the shade!”

Non Vi Sed Arte

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    1997 to Present

Closest Installation

Fort Richardson
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fifthpro View Post
    Any luck on the research???
    Roger, the ones I posted above should work. Sean from TXPRO 4x4 told me the other day that you have to make sure that you get seats that are either custom designed for the back or ones that are small enough that they will fit. I am going to be going with the single rear seat option, but I am digging into it more because right now we have a 2 yr old in a car seat. It does not look like the car seat will fit right in the single seat with the harness, but since we don't really use the jeep for trips around town with the kids, I am thinking that we may be able to strap him in using something to boost him up a little and the 5 point harness that will be on the seat. It will pretty much be a baby car seat on steroids..

Once I find some decent priced comfortable front seats, we will be ordering the rears to accompany them and I will get Sean to get them put in.

Just like the front seats, they do offer different sizes (widths) for the rear seats. I am not sure if it is safe to go bigger so the kids can grow into them or get ones that fit right and them look at getting replacements in a few years. The two shown in the 2nd post of this thread are the ones I am trying to dig into a little more.

on top, usually

Branch
    Navy
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2002 to 2010

Closest Installation

Fort Leonard Wood
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i had 2 prp preemy's in my YJ side by side, snug fit but they both fit. i eventually cage mounted them like my high backs. a full grown guy "could" sit in one if he had to but i wouldnt plan on a long trail ride being comfortable.