User Tag List

Thread: Good Vibrations! Actually no...BAD!

Branch
    Navy
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2008 to Present

Closest Installation

Naval Base San Diego
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Good Vibrations! Actually no...BAD!

Alright so I was driving more short haul to work today and notice some pretty nasty sounding vibrations, grinding whatever.

Checked all fluids. Good to go.

3.5in RE lift with AA SYE and shims 2001 XJ 245/75R16.

I'm thinking it's driveline vibrations because it's coming from my feet and sounds like it's running down the center towards the rear of the Jeep.

Happens on deceleration. Worst is from 55mph down to 45mph but it goes all the way down to around 30mph then stops.

Threw it in neutral while driving to see if it was something with the tranny. Didn't change the problem so I'm thinking that's not it.

Anyone else think it might be the shims. Maybe time to remove them since the leafs may have settled?

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Served
    Served
    2005 to Present

Closest Installation

Fort Sam Houston
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thats a good possability, also check your centering pin in the springs, they may be bent and or broken, had a buddy down here from ft. polk had that happen to him, just replace with grade 8 bolts and you should be good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Irish_Assassin View Post
    I'd jump all ovet that waggy!!!
    If I offend anyone tonight, I apologize. That's not my intention. I'm not going to guess what your personal line of decency is. I cross my own from time to time. It's how I know I still have one. not that i actually cared in the first place.

"Cougar or not, I'd bang both those broads like a f***ing retard with a tambourine in each hand"

Branch
    Air Force
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2005 to Present

Closest Installation

Offutt AFB
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I was getting, what sounds like, the same type of vibrations. I did isolate it to the driveshaft. From what I can tell it is out of balance. Is it making any noises? Try taking your driveshaft off (That is what I did) drive it around, and if the vibration goes away then you found your problem.
    Life is tough. It is even tougher when you are stupid.
    - John Wayne