Closest Installation

Offutt AFB
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Default Nth Degree Tummy Tuck

untitled.jpg

Just got done installing the AEV/Nth Degree Tummy Tucker! Gained some crazy clearance on my breakover angle. Only draw back is that I am getting a heavy vibration past 25MPH now. I am thinking that it is the rear driveshaft angle. If anyone has any experiance with these TT and can help throw suggestions my way on how to fix this, it would be a big help.
    Life is tough. It is even tougher when you are stupid.
    - John Wayne

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2003 to Present

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks great brother. Did you do a motor mount lift too? Drive line angle may have gotten a wee screwed up with just lifting the belly.

Branch
    Air Force
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2005 to Present

Closest Installation

Offutt AFB
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I did do a 1" Motor mount (which took longer to install than the actuall TT). I am thinking that it is the angle of the drive line. I just picked up a bunch of washers and I am going to try to space it out a little bit and see if that helps. If not I am not really sure what the next step is going to be.
    - John Wayne

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2007 to Present

Closest Installation

Fort Campbell
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

a lot of companies recommend a SYE or a little body lift with their tummy tuckers. can't speak for this one, but it's the same process, so you might be looking at shelling out a bit more cash.
    Keep it slow. I can't afford spare parts.

Branch
    Air Force
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2005 to Present

Closest Installation

Offutt AFB
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cole View Post
    a lot of companies recommend a SYE or a little body lift with their tummy tuckers. can't speak for this one, but it's the same process, so you might be looking at shelling out a bit more cash.
    I already have the body lift and from what I understand I shouldn't need the SYE with a Rubicon. I have a feeling that I will be putting the old skid back on for a little while.
    - John Wayne

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2007 to Present

Closest Installation

Fort Campbell
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can't guess, then. Have you called the manufacturer? Might be another issue altogether that just sort of got brought to the surface with the swap. I hope not, for your sake.

I really want to do a belly up, but I'm afraid to shell out the dough and then need an SYE like a lot of guys seem to. I have a body lift, so it might be OK if I get the MML done first. How hard was the MML?
    Keep it slow. I can't afford spare parts.

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2004 to Present

Closest Installation

Fort Bragg
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You're right, a Rubicon does not need a SYE, the 241 T-Case has a fixed yoke. An MML could have fixed your vibes but you've done that and it didn't. In your pic you've got aftermarket control arms, depending on your lift you may have been at the limit your stock shaft could take and this little bump put it over the edge. Check out Skinny Pedal, he's on Rubiconownersforum.com too. Here's his low clearance trans mount that may solve, or at least help your problem. http://skinnypedal.net/store/index.p...products_id=66 Either way, a CV shaft is probably in your future, if you want to keep the skid on, you could take off the rear shaft for DD (if it is your DD) and put it back on for wheelin either at your house or the trailhead.

Branch
    Air Force
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2005 to Present

Closest Installation

Offutt AFB
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cole View Post
    I can't guess, then. Have you called the manufacturer? Might be another issue altogether that just sort of got brought to the surface with the swap. I hope not, for your sake.

I really want to do a belly up, but I'm afraid to shell out the dough and then need an SYE like a lot of guys seem to. I have a body lift, so it might be OK if I get the MML done first. How hard was the MML?
    The MML is very simple, just a huge pain in the ass. Most of the time that it took to do the MML was spent turning nuts a thenth of an inch at a time.
    - John Wayne

Branch
    Air Force
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2005 to Present

Closest Installation

Offutt AFB
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rubitron View Post
    In your pic you've got aftermarket control arms, depending on your lift you may have been at the limit your stock shaft could take and this little bump put it over the edge. Either way, a CV shaft is probably in your future, if you want to keep the skid on, you could take off the rear shaft for DD (if it is your DD) and put it back on for wheelin either at your house or the trailhead.
    I was thinking that it was time to get another reardrive shaft. Oh well just add it to the list. I plan on removing the rear drive shaft for a until I can get a new one. I also just noticed that 4WD is no longer an optiong, probably due to the linkage. I have a feeling that the drop bracket is from my BL is the problem, so Im going to remove that and see if that fixes anything.
    - John Wayne

Branch
    Marine Corps
    Status
    Served
    Served
    1977 to 1988

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a '97 TJ, and my TerraFlex TT came with all the brackets for the transfer case shifter. I installed a 2" MML, a 2" BL and a SYE kit all at the same time as the TT. I have never had any vibrations at all. My front and rear drive shafts are custom made DOM w/Tom Woods long travel slip joints. My WB is 109" now, so that may acount for no vibes. Plus I clocked the ford 9" for a perfect drive shaft angle.
    Most people go through life wondering if they have made a difference, ... United States Marines, do not have that problem. Pres. R. Reagan 1985

I am a Sheep Dog, ... Wolves Beware!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast