Served
    Served
    1977 to 1988

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Valve Springs

Anyone done a Valve Spring replacement on a Jeep 4.0L ? Can you talk me through it please? Tools needed, tips, that sorta thing. Thanks !
    Most people go through life wondering if they have made a difference, ... United States Marines, do not have that problem. Pres. R. Reagan 1985

I am a Sheep Dog, ... Wolves Beware!

on top, usually

Branch
    Navy
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2002 to 2010

Closest Installation

Fort Leonard Wood
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you'll need a spring compressor, id reccomend a feeler gauge, straight edge, and mic as well. check for trueness of the head surface. slopiness in the valve guides, anything more than a hair of movement is no good. why do you plan on changing valve springs? i would highly recommend changing to a LS style valve and keeper.

Branch
    Marine Corps
    Status
    Served
    Served
    1977 to 1988

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I keep getting a #43 error code (multiple cylinder misfire) and just read that '97 & '98 4.0's had weak valve springs and how guys have changed out to new springs and it fixes the misfire. I have replaced, spark plugs/wires, Distributor (cap & rotor), crank shaft sensor, Injectors, fuel pump, O2 sensors, map sensor, nothing has helped. Valve springs are next on the list.
    Most people go through life wondering if they have made a difference, ... United States Marines, do not have that problem. Pres. R. Reagan 1985

I am a Sheep Dog, ... Wolves Beware!