2007 to Present

Closest Installation

Fort Wayne
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Rubicon Front Axloe

Okay, this might have come up in another thread but I didn't find it.
    Vehicle: 2004 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon

Issue: I sent the Axle to get rebuild, had the ring and pinion replaced, and control arm brackets replaced. When I got it home and put it all together, the front diff was locked. This switch doesn't indicate locked diff. Is there something that would cause it to lock when they rebuild the diff? I sent it out unlocked and even took out the side sensor I was advised to remove.

Thanks for your guys' help.

(Wow I couldn't even spell axle correctly this morning)
    2004 Wrangler Rubicon, 4" lift, 35" MTZs, Poison Spyder armor.
    Before I refuse to take your questions, I have an opening statement.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.
    America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Served
    Served
    1997 to 2006

Closest Installation

Fort Carson
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if the side sensor was re-installed after the locker and gears were put in then the sensor will push the locking colar into the locked postion and will not show locked on the dash.

the sensor should be installed before the locker/gears.

take the sensor out and spin the front end and see if it still locked. if it is then the person who installed did something else wrong.
    03 Rubicon, 6.0L Chevy, 700R4, 241, ORI struts, custom F&R dual traiangulated longarms, 39.5 Irok, frame backhalf, 35 Spline Ford 60's, Full Hydro steering, 110"wb
    05 TJ (salvage), 6.0L aluminum head Chevy with LS1 parts (@400hp) , 4L60E, home made longarm on 14" SAW coilovers, 35 spline Dana 60's, 100"wb

Branch
    Air National Guard
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2007 to Present

Closest Installation

Fort Wayne
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks, Ill try that tonight when I get home.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.
    America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

Branch
    Air National Guard
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2007 to Present

Closest Installation

Fort Wayne
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well I finally got to checking the diff.... I pulled the sensor out and spun the passenger tire while the driver's was on the ground. It passed- only turned the pass tire, drivers stayed still.