1982 to 1997

Closest Installation

Fort Campbell
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default prospective JEEP OVERHUALIN PROJECT

My fellow vetran jeep lovers,this past may our local jeep club overhualed a fellow vetrans jeep ,and its a dream,hes loveing it everyday,and i am only one of hundreds who helped make this dream come true,and it also broght me to this wondeful club.well ten years ago,i lost my nephew in a bui boating accident,and each year since we have held a annual hunter d stafford memorial wildlife super,and all fund raised are donted to a program that allows blind people to hunt.
    What i didnt know was the day before hunter was killed he had been allowed to drive his dads cj5 around the farm,then he parked it under a old shed,thats where it has sat for 10 years.friday i rediscovered it and had a idea,take the next year,slow and easy and do a total rebuild/overhualin on it,and unvail it next years wild life supper.
    Because of all the hassles i ran into and all the beckering i wont take this idea to my club ,ill do it my self first if i have too.starting tomoorw im goingt o locat a body shop that will donate a total paint job,then ill find a set of new seats for it ,then ill approach rough country about some basic suspenion stuff,and tires and things.this is a stock jeep and his dad has already ask if we could keep it close to stock,nothing to ratical.so i invite any one who lives near memphis and wants to help come on,moral support is always needed,and maybe later funds or parts,but right now im going to start witht eh body work first,and while its out getting done,ill work on the drive line stuff.
    Well thats it ,this is my project while my son is deployed to shrana,keps me buisy,thanks everyone in advance ,chester and dee

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2003 to Present

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sounds awesome brother. make sure you take some pics. Where's Munford located?

Branch
    Air Force
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2008 to Present

Closest Installation

Little Rock AFB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

im stationed out of little rock afb, id give you some help or even get some money gathered up for you once i get home from this deployment. let me know if there is anything i can help you with and if u do need anything i can get in touch with some jeepers from my shop and see what they can do for you.

Branch
    Navy
    Status
    Retired
    Served
    1982 to 1997

Closest Installation

Fort Campbell
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default thanks

Guys Ill post pics when we begine.Ben,how long before you return,my nephew is stationeed with the usaf out of little rock,his name is JOsh Houston.what Im looking for is donor rims if I can get them,donor seats including a rear seat,a artist who can do murals and put hunters pic on the hood.we are doing nothing fancy but we will do a make new jeep job.thanks giys for your support,duty and your service to your counrty,god bless you,my son is over in sharana afagainastan right now.
    sse you chet