Closest Installation

USN Academy
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool Death Wobble

Hello gang,
    I am coming to you all for experience and know how with my Problem. I have a 2001 TJ with a 4" Rough Country Suspension lift. I have purchased the Crown Steering Upgrade Kit and had to replace my Lower control arm mounts due to some damage from a wheelin trip. The shop measured everything to keep it all in alignment with presicion. I've known the guy my whole life and he's more of a perfectionist than I. I also replaced the Control Arm bushings just as a precaution. Every thing is mounted and solid, had it aligned and now i'm getting the death wobble between 35 and 45. The guys at the local tire ship couldn't figure it out and recomended that I take it to a specitalty shop. Before I shell out that kind of money, I wanted to see if anyone else has had a simular problem. Thank you in advance for any advise or help.

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    1997 to Present

Closest Installation

Fort Richardson
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am on my phone, so can, look it up easily, but savagesun posted a good link IIRC about fixing death wobble.

I had it the other day and just made sure everything was tightened down and it fixed it.

Firefighter / EMT Jeremy.Mercure's Avatar

Branch
    Navy
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2009 to Present

Closest Installation

USN Academy
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank's,
    But I tightened EVERYTHING down again, even got a new bigger Steering Stabilizer. It's still getting out of hand... I'll check out the link though. thank you

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2003 to Present

Closest Installation

Fort Gordon
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Steering stablizer won't fix it at all. You said you tightened everything...check play in your linkage joints and wheel bearings. Also check your front upper control arm mounts, etc. Those are the only things I see you may have missed. Depending on how well you trust your tire shop for balancing and alignment I might even swap front and rear tires to see if that helps.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Firefighter / EMT Jeremy.Mercure's Avatar

Branch
    Navy
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2009 to Present

Closest Installation

USN Academy
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks,
    Yeah I haven't checked the Upper control arm's all that close, however I have already checked the Wheel hubs, bearings, and all linkage. I will try to rotate the tires an hopefully get to the bottom of it LOL Thanks