1999 to Present

Closest Installation

Peterson AFB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Compressor recommendation

I'm thinking my next purchase will be a compressor and looking at this Smittybilt one:
    http://www.4wheelparts.com/prodDetai...eep-parts=true

Any reasons not to get this one or a better choice?

not too sure if I'll be mounting it in the engine compartment or jsut tote it in the back.

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Retired
    Served
    1991 to 2012

Closest Installation

Fort Carson
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That should do you fine for now. If you get 35's, you will end up waiting all day to air up your tires, but it's a simple solution for the time being. I know that there are some people that have gone to Sams Club, Costco and are happy with the compressors they got there. Maybe they will chime in.
    Sven
    Colorado Springs Chapter Calendar and News

'04 Wrangler Rubi, 5.5" Extreme Duty LA, 35" Goodyear Duratrac's, Warn RC 9.0 (Sold - My life sucks)

Branch
    Marine Corps
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2005 to Present

Closest Installation

Camp Pendleton
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that one looks good. I like some of the cheaper Walmart ones but I think they take 6-7 minutes per 33 inch tire.
    3rd Batallion 5th Marines
    Killing more people than aids since 1917

www.4x4corps.com

www.MilitaryFitnessForum.com

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Retired
    Served
    1997 to Present

Closest Installation

Fort Sill
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If all you need is to air up tires up to 33's you will be fine if you want to air up faster get a second one and hook them in tandem..... Two of them suckers are still a lot cheaper than any OBA you can buy from any web site!!!

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    1998 to Present

Closest Installation

Fort Benning
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had that Smittybilt compressor on my 2000 TJ it works great for 33s, but like has been said if you go bigger you'll need something more
    2009 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited -Black
    4" TeraFlex lift
    Pro Comp Xtreme Alloys Series 7023 Black Finish
    35X12.50R-17, Pro Comp Xtreme Mud Terrain Radial
    Warn POWERPLANT Dual Force HD 12000lb winch
    Smittybilt XRC Front Stinger
    Smittybilt XRC Armor Front Fender JK
    Smittybilt XRC Rear Bumber
    OR-FAB SWING AWAY TIRE/CAN CARRIER JK
    Bestop Trektop
    Cobra DX IV CB Radio with 4' Firestick II Antennae
    Many more.....

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Served
    Served
    1998 to 2009

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have the Harbor Freight one that is similar to that one. It probably about the same price once you figure in the 25% off. Both are lower end but work good enough if you aren't in a hurry and don't want to run tools. I choose the Harbor freight because they have good customer service and when it goes out, and it has, I can easily get a replacement. Mine worked fine for 35's.

I used CO2 before and it was much faster but I got tired of having to refill it all the time.
    "If you aim at nothing, you will hit it every time."
    Zig Ziglar

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    1988 to Present

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I do not know the budget nor the requirement, so I will suggest an excellent pro-sumer portable compressor that has a continuous duty cycle and designed to fill 35' ties.
    Like everything, I will not suggest a product without owning it myself or have used it extensively..... that being said take a look at this one, only slightly more expensive yet worth every penny when you need it to work! http://www.4wheelparts.com/prodDetai...eep-parts=true

Austere Mobility in a '99 TJ Sport with a few bells and whistles

The bravest of all Spartans was Dienekes. It is said that on the eve of battle, he was told by a native of Trachis that “the Persian archers were so numerous that, when they fire their volleys, the mass of arrows will block out the sun.”

Dienekes, however, quite undaunted by this prospect, remarked with a laugh, “Good. Then we’ll fight in the shade!”

Non Vi Sed Arte

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    1997 to Present

Closest Installation

Fort Richardson
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fifthpro View Post
    I do not know the budget nor the requirement, so I will suggest an excellent pro-sumer portable compressor that has a continuous duty cycle and designed to fill 35' ties.
    Like everything, I will not suggest a product without owning it myself or have used it extensively..... that being said take a look at this one, only slightly more expensive yet worth every penny when you need it to work! http://www.4wheelparts.com/prodDetai...eep-parts=true
    I agree with fifth. buy nice or buy twice. Get a compressor that you know you will be happy with versus one you think you may be happy with.

I have a CO2 tank and love it, but it is a pain to transport with the kids and gear in the back. We have a backup one from wally world similar to what you are looking at. It is put out by the people that make that SLIME and it works ok airing up four 35 inch tires from 10 to about 32 without overheating, but it does get very very hot and takes forever. Someone has a CO2 tank on the trail last time when I blew my tire and I was sold on the usefulness of it not only for airing up, but tunning tools. I ran out the next week and bought everything I needed to get my tank on the trail.