1997 to Present

Closest Installation

Fort Richardson
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Sat, 15 Dec. Putting my lift on

Putting my 4.5 inch Rubicon Express, SYE, and CV on this Saturday. Luckily the jeepers at Beltway Jeepers all seem to be pitching in on the effort. They said it should take about 5 hours.

I will post some notes about the install and some photos of the before and after.

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2003 to Present

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Sat, 15 Dec. Putting my lift on

Hell yeah. I'll be in and out. One of my buddies from work asked me about two months ago to lift his jeep at josh's house, so I'm going to be going back and forth to help/watch on both.

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    1997 to Present

Closest Installation

Fort Richardson
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lift and SYE went on. No rear drive shaft yet because UPS has lost it according to their customer service folks.

Anyway, the 4.5 inch RE Superflex kit is on along with the rear adjustable track bar, monotube shocks, SYE and hopefully a rear drive shaft if UPS has any kind of heart at all this holiday season.

Once I find where my wife put the camera, I will post a photo of the jeep with only the rear lift installed to show the difference on an Unlimited between a 4.5 inch lift and a 2 inch budget boost.

A couple of guys from Beltway Jeepers helped me at one of their houses. we pretty much had everything we needed because the garage sort of turned into an unofficial club garage where members would go to wrench their vehicles. If they buy or bring a tool that they may only use once or don't have room for, then they just leave it up there for the others to use.

I do have one suggestion for Rubicon Express after doing that install... Jack the price of the Lift kit up a little and add a drill bit that will work as needed, heck, maybe add two just incase.

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2003 to Present

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Track bar drill bit? You could've driven your jeep in front wheel drive as normal till it gets there. General lee did it for four days. I'm sorry that it got lost man.

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    1997 to Present

Closest Installation

Fort Richardson
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We had the drill bit, but it got me thinking that they should include them in the package...or at least really good one. I thnk I paid 20 something bucks for the bit and it seemed to take an hour to drill the hole.

The SYE was done, but there were some adjustments that had to be made and it was too dark and crappy outside for us to do them right then, so I let it there and we hopped in my wife's car to go home.

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2003 to Present

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Right on. Good luck and gimme a call when you're done. I'll be at belvoir today.