Serving
    Served
    1994 to Present

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Army 2005 Jeep Wrangler LJ Build up.

Ok this is my first build. So I am not promising to be giving advice on anything. I am more trying to share what I am doing and look for feed back. I will post pictures as I do things no matter how small or large. Links to schematics of things if I built it myself, or links to the products I have used to give due credit. I will also be posting when I am looking for recommendations on brand names or if I should or should not do anything. Feel Free to post suggestions or if I have used an Idea or product you are thinking about feel free to ask, I will try to check back daily. Ok the first picture I am going to post on this part of the thread is of a Stock Jeep. This is not my jeep itself as I lost the original picture I took of it. But I got my Jeep stock and this is pretty close to how it sat, only a few minor differences.

2005 Jeep Wrangler LJ June 2010

Jeep As it Stands today.
    "Only 2 defining forces have ever offered to die for you... Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.
    One died for your soul, the other for your freedom."
    -- Lt. Col. Grant L. Rosensteel, Jr.

2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    1994 to Present

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok the first change I made was to get rid of the ends of the front and rear bumper to give them a better look. And to get rid of the plastic side boards. This was a simple 10 Min Procedure.

But for free and while I build funds to do more drastic things, it worked wonders.
    Last edited by Lonewolf2976; 09-29-2010 at 21:37.
    "Only 2 defining forces have ever offered to die for you... Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    1994 to Present

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For this next step I have to apologize. I can not find who linked how the how to do this and I did this a month or two back and cant find the link. It was a cheap do it yourself accessory bar that has worked great for what it was intended. It is only temp. If you know the link or the person who posted the how toos on this pleas PM me with the where and I will make sure credit is given.

it is self powered bar with its Own fuse. And is a good place to hang things that just dont quite work on the flimsy sun visors on the jeeps. It doesnt interfere with the soft top or the bikini top that I use for the jeep.
    Last edited by Lonewolf2976; 09-29-2010 at 21:38.

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    1994 to Present

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Next add on was a place to put a few things, like tow strap, and then all that crap have to carry for PT every morning organized and out of the way. I have had friends in the regular TJ say they hate it because of the way it pushes up against the back seat. In the LJ, and I keep the back seat up it will soon be coming out because it is just me and my son, it works great and does wonders for organizing all the little crap.

Smittybilt G.E.A.R. Tailgate Cover

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    1994 to Present

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The last thing I have done so far is preimtive to the rumor I hear about the TJ's. The intake for the air to the climate control leaking and flooding the floorboard. It is starting to be rainy season here so to cut this off short I did this next upgrade.

Custom Air Vent Intake Scoop in Paintable Smooth Finish

I was lucky and the color was close to the same as my jeep. I plan on repainting it the color I want way down the line. But this came in the mail close enough it will blend nicely. No I was not given a color option.

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    1994 to Present

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My Next Change is to reinforce roll-bar. i will be doing this step by step since I dont have the 1000 to do it all at once. Here is a post of the roll bars as they are stock, and each step towards the build up I will post a new after picture updated. This is the reinforced roll bar system i will be using.

Ultimate Sports Cage
    Jeep Wrangler TJ - Rubicon & Unlimited
    2003 - 2006

I have picked this upgrade next because the over all build up will be slow. So I am going to work on the interior first. It is what I see everyday. And the roll cage will influence the placement and set up of alot of the frame work of the interior.
    Last edited by Lonewolf2976; 10-01-2010 at 15:54. Reason: Change In Plans

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2003 to Present

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hey brother, good work. love the LJs. will be watching.

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2008 to Present

Closest Installation

Fort Bragg
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)