Serving
    Served
    1995 to Present

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default JK OME 2.5" lift

spent the entire day under her. i've never had an problem free install of anything, on any jeep, with the exception of a cb.
    1: OME sent two rear treackbar brackets. one for a rh drive, one for a lh drive. nothing for the front. turns out, i'm glad. track bar is still parallel, axle seems damn near ctr'd, i track straight, and no dw (bless it...) oh, and i had to canibalize the second kit for washers to get the rear bracket to fit right. yeah.

2: rides real nice. better than stock, as i expected from running ome on my tj. clears 35's alone, but i'm throwing a more bl on tomorrow, to give me some off-road clearance. rubi rock rails also coming off tomorrow, and the rear pinch seam will be cut to give more room to the front of the rear tires. mall crawlers can skip this step, just make sure you have the HD coils.

wheels are 16x8 kmc xd 842's, meat is 315/75or16 yokohama geolanders. redrock fab rear end will be here in about a month, to hang the matching (yes, i'm an idiot and got a uni-directional spare. if i have a blow out, it'd better be on the passenger side ). right now my local 4x guy only has one set of 5.13's in for me, so my baby will have trouble getting out of her own way for about a month as well.

all in all, i'm pleased, and would recommend this kit. photos will be in the photo section! this shit is hot

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Other / None
    Served
    1985 to 1989

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

AWESOME congrats...I installed this kit with the Full Traction Adj. Trackbars front and rear on a friends 2 Door Jk. And it DOES ride nice. Simple install too....

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    1997 to Present

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

pics?
    If it can't be fixed with 100 MPH tape, 550 cord, zip strips, and a hammer it can't be fixed

Branch
    Navy
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    1995 to Present

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

pics here.

jeepdog: did your friends kit include a front bracket?

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Other / None
    Served
    1985 to 1989

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Poor Boy View Post
    pics here.

jeepdog: did your friends kit include a front bracket?
    No front bracket. I ordered the kit for her. I ordered it through Northridge4x4. And it was one of their package deals, where you get front and rear Full Traction Adj. Trackbars and the OME Shocks and Springs. It came with different rear end links too if I recall, so the stock rear ones were moved to the front.

its a very nice kit, I can only imagine if OME had thought the whole thing out and did control arms, trackbar brackets etc....It would be the perfect kit for a vehicle that sees dual duty.