2001 to Present

Closest Installation

Fort Drum
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default flashpaq tuner for 4.0L '06 jeeps

anyone out there have any feed back on this tuner that came out? i went to the dealer today because some of my cylinders were misfiring. i first got it diagnosed at an autozone when my engine check light came on. a misfire happens because its not getting air, spark, fuel or maybe a vacuum leak. this was my limited expertise thought process anyway. so before i took it to the "5 star" dealer, i replaced my spark plugs with only the best for my "baby" lol. i put in the best bosch spark plugs. well that didn't fix it. before i took my personnal diagnosis further (buying an ignition coil) i desided to take it to the dealer. the mechanic told me the 4.0L doesn't like after market engine upgrades i.e. better spark plugs because it takes alot of power to make a spark and it'll burn up the ignition coil. anyway $665 later, i got to thinking if i should do any power upgrades besides the obvious mechanical advantage of gearing (won't get more power but it'll be easier on the engine). my quesiton is if anyone out there put on this tuner and has had it for a long enough time to see any long term adverse effects? sorry so long...
    '06 unlimited
    l _____
    /l ,,,,[____],
    l-----L ()lllllll()-
    ()_)---()_)-o--)_)

Branch
    Air Force
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2004 to Present

Closest Installation

Moody AFB
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if you're looking for more power, you can almost forget it. there are little things you can do here and there but nothing major. i say save your money and regear. and dont waste money on fancy plugs. plain old autolights or champions work just fine. not sure about the newer 4.0s but the older ones werent built for the hotter plugs. my brother put platinum 4s in his 94 4.0 HO and burned a hole through the rings and side of the pistion but like i said, thats an older engine. not sure if the newer ones can hold up or not. i just dont tempt it.
    2004 Rubi, Poison Spyder Bumper with Trail Stinger. Warn M8000 winch, Rock Krawler X-factor long arm 4 inch lift, 35x12.50x15 BFG KM2s on Procomp 8 inch steelies, Tom Woods Driveshaft, Poison Syder Full Roll Cage, Tuff Designs rear bumper/Tire carrier, MetalCloak Arched Tube Fenders with 6 Inch Flares, Flowmaster Hushpower Muffler, Vanco Big Disk Brake upgrade, Line-X'd tub and cage.

Branch
    Air Force
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2005 to Present

Closest Installation

Moody AFB
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I didn't notice much of a difference with all the powere upgrades i made other than plain sound, even with the flashpaq. The gears made the biggest difference for sure, pulls like it's on stock tires but has 35's and about 500lbs worth of accessories. Def not worth the $300+ in my opinion.