1985 to 1989

Closest Installation

Nellis AFB
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Default Rant and Rave in One

First off my hats off to Morris 4x4. Their customer service is outstanding. A little while ago I orderd my Tuffy console from them and was quite suprised to find it at my door 4 days later, not bad seeing as it came from Fla. I was so impressed by them, and their prices, I turned around and ordered a new set of seat belts, extenders and a Smittybilt I-Rack so that I could move my Hi-Lift from the back of the CJ. Low and behold 4 days later I got more toys at my door. I went to install the I-Rack this weekend only to find that the holes on the mounting plate didn't match up to the lug pattern on my CJ. I called Morris this morning and explained to them that their website said it would fit all vehicles, which apparently meant YJ and newer because the lug pattern on the plate were smaller that my Jeep. She took my number and I got a call back just a few minutes ago and they are sending me the return shipping.
    Smittybilt on the other hand can KISS MY ASS. I called them this morning and asked them about the mounting plate, in case I just happen to get one that was miss drilled or something. The guy I talked to was rude as hell. He asked what kind of Jeep I had, when I told him a CJ7, he responded with "No wonder it didn't fit, the CJs have a 5 on 5 1/2 bolt pattern. Didn't you look into that when you ordered it.(said with a very snotty attitude)" I quickly let him know, "**ck yes I looked into it. Your own website says it fits all vehicles. Why don't you assholes give the right info to your I.T. people so people like me don't have to call and deal with assholes like you." He tried to explain that it only works with aftermarket tire carriers. I asked what difference that made since the carrier, aftermarket of not, would have the same bolt pattern. He said, "No it would be different" WTF is this idiot thinking, just because I put on an aftermarket carrier, my bolt pattern would magically change.
    Quote Originally Posted by usnavymitchells View Post
    went to google to see if I too was a dumb ass!!! Well actually I am.

http://www.sincityrubs.com/

darwinism at its best irish1371's Avatar

Branch
    Marine Corps
    Status
    Served
    Served
    1996 to 2002

Closest Installation

Yokota AB
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hahaha got to love phone punks, amazing how they get to cop an attitude where no one can punch em in the face
    "Some people wonder their whole lives if they will ever make a difference. Marines don't have that problem." Pres. Ronald Reagan
    Army vs Marines = http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2M7ckkxQLU

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2007 to Present

Closest Installation

Fort Campbell
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what can you expect from a company that exported all their manufacturing? it's much easier to deal with companies that make their stuff stateside; they generally rely on customer service to keep customers from just going and buying chinese made stuff somewhere else. Glad you had a good experience with morris, though.
    Keep it slow. I can't afford spare parts.