Serving
    Served
    1990 to Present

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

USAF Question about hard top for 2006 Wrangler

Looking at buying a used top for my 06 jeep wrangler. Found one in Ocean county but before I go down to look at it I want to know if all tops are supposed to have rain gutters? The guy selling it stated it is missing the gutters. Thanks in advance.

Scott.

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2001 to Present

Closest Installation

Fort Hood
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i have no idea about hard top's i know with soft tops our "rain gutters' are part of the door surround the top folds under and that creates the route for water to go away from the jeep i dont think ive ever seen a rain rail on a hard top.?
    Web Wheeling Sucks!

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Served
    Served
    1997 to 2006

Closest Installation

Fort Carson
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What is this person calling the "rain gutter"? the part in red or the part in blue or something else?

the part in red is molded into the hard top, if its missing that then it has been busted off.

the part in blue is the "vent" for 97-02 jeeps (03-06 has the vent in the door). if its missing that then it will allow dirt and water to get into the hard top.

hope that helps.

also the wiring is different from what i have seen for the different hard tops 97-02 and 03-06

hard top.jpg
    03 Rubicon, 6.0L Chevy, 700R4, 241, ORI struts, custom F&R dual traiangulated longarms, 39.5 Irok, frame backhalf, 35 Spline Ford 60's, Full Hydro steering, 110"wb
    05 TJ (salvage), 6.0L aluminum head Chevy with LS1 parts (@400hp) , 4L60E, home made longarm on 14" SAW coilovers, 35 spline Dana 60's, 100"wb