1996 to 2002

Closest Installation

Yokota AB
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default need your input on aftermarket seats tj

ok it is time the seats in the tj have about gave into old age.

Now I need your guys help in picking what is comfortable and will take abuse.
    I don't want to end up buying something that is anoying.

so I am 6'2" and around 275 anyone have luck with their replacement seats??

I am eyeballing the rugged ridge XDH but am warry of pulling the trigger w/o feedback

anyone also know of a replacement rear seat with head rests?

Thanks
    "Some people wonder their whole lives if they will ever make a difference. Marines don't have that problem." Pres. Ronald Reagan
    Army vs Marines = http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2M7ckkxQLU

darwinism at its best irish1371's Avatar

Branch
    Marine Corps
    Status
    Served
    Served
    1996 to 2002

Closest Installation

Yokota AB
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

comeone someone in here has replacement seats,

course I just found a set out of a sahara on ebay, but then you have to wonder if the foam is in any better shape then what you already have
    "Some people wonder their whole lives if they will ever make a difference. Marines don't have that problem." Pres. Ronald Reagan

Branch
    Air Force
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2002 to Present

Closest Installation

Fort Bragg
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

dont have any input, just tracking for the same reason. Im looking for seats for my CJ right now.

Are you looking for race suspensions seat deals like corbeau or mastercraft, or are you looking for a stock replacement type seat like the smittybuilts?

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    1991 to Present

Closest Installation

Fort Myer
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

My Scrambler has a RR seat in it (they are mismatched, factory pass side/RR for the driver) and to be honest I don't like it. I'm 6'even and about 195 and it feels like a brick. To firm IMHO. I would normally suggest Best tops seats but ever since they sent their production south of the border their QC has gone to sheite and I won't buy em. If you have the $$ go with some Master craft or Corbau seats...they are more than comfortable and come in different sizes/options. I am naturally che..uh, thrifty so I prefer to scrounge the junkyards. The nice thing about jeeps is they are simple. Well...up until the current Gens that is...But for most of us, swapping in a set from a completely different make/model is fairly easy. I found a set of '02 Nissan Pathfinder leather heated seats that are going in mine. The nice thing about doing seats my way is you can go into the junkyard and butt test before you buy. If the tushy isn't happy than find a different vehicle.

Branch
    Marine Corps
    Status
    Served
    Served
    1996 to 2002

Closest Installation

Yokota AB
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

true but the junkyards near em suck ass they are only crush and scrap places. I have to go a few miles to Hazelton for a decent spot to look

Branch
    Air Force
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2005 to Present

Closest Installation

Elmendorf AFB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I cant help you in regards to aftermarkey seats, however, heres a website you may or may not have heard of. Just follow the link and it will take you to the seats. This is the website I get a majority of my stuff from and so far am very pleased with them. http://www.quadratec.com/category/Je...s/86/index.htm Hope that helps, if not, I tried...LOL...
    POW/MIA-Col Herbert L. Lunsford, USAF, 25 July 1967, NVN
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." ~Thomas Jefferson
    "In times of peace, sons bury their fathers...In times of war, fathers bury their sons..."
    ~Herodotus of Halicarnassus (575-546 B.C.)

F it! It ain't my Jeep. Ricky Booby's Avatar

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2000 to Present

Closest Installation

Fort Leonard Wood
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would suggested 5.9 ZJ seats. I had them in my TJ until I got the mastercraft seats put in. Comfy, heated, 6 or 8 way power. Great seats.

Bobby
    www.pnwjeep.com

Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms should be a convienent store, not a government agency.

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    1991 to Present

Closest Installation

Fort Myer
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

The other reason I mentioned the junkyard was the butt test. For that matter you could try used car lots too...though they may look at you funny.?. But the idea was to find some you like that are not to wide to fit. From there you can usually hop on Ebay and turn a set up if you look...thats where I got my Pathfinder seats...and they were 350 including shipping! Couldn't beat that with a flat cat!

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    1988 to Present

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey Mate....I replaced my seats a year ago, not because the seats were cosmetically damaged but because of suspension (foam) failure/compression (99 TJ). I did my research, debated the cost / benefit ratio and pulled the trigger on a Mastercraft Baja RS seat. After installing, I went wheeling about a week later.......after about 12 hours of driving, I was not as physically drained nor did my back hurt like it normally did after a day on the trail. That prompted me to buy the passenger seat for my co-pilot son. Needless to say, a year later I am very happy with the Mastercraft seats.

Austere Mobility in a '99 TJ Sport with a few bells and whistles

The bravest of all Spartans was Dienekes. It is said that on the eve of battle, he was told by a native of Trachis that “the Persian archers were so numerous that, when they fire their volleys, the mass of arrows will block out the sun.”

Dienekes, however, quite undaunted by this prospect, remarked with a laugh, “Good. Then we’ll fight in the shade!”

Non Vi Sed Arte

Branch
    Marine Corps
    Status
    Served
    Served
    1996 to 2002

Closest Installation

Yokota AB
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks for the input fifth.... I may save some for them they look nice. I got a line on a local guy who does classic car resto interiors. I'm gonna go see what he can do for me before I buy something aftermarket