User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The waiting is the hardest part!

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2001 to Present

Closest Installation

Fort Bliss
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default The waiting is the hardest part!

So i went ahead and ordered my Christmas present to myself last week, RR bumper and tire carrier. (only cost me getting my wife an ipad). had it all planned that i was going to have it tonight and install it tomorrow morning. well, i guess it didnt get shipped out when i expected so it arrived to albequeque this afternoon (4 hours away) and will be here monday... argh! so now i have to wait. on a good note, i sold the stock front bumper and the same person is going to take the rear when its off the jeep. just wanted to vent and share my sadness!
    09 JK, 3.5 Rubicon Express suspension, Teraflex Control Arms, AEV high steer, 35" Hankook AT's, JKS quick disco's,

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2003 to Present

Closest Installation

NPGS Monterey
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's how it always goes. You're all ready to put on your new stuff and something comes along to ruin it. At least it was the package not getting there. It could have gotten to your house, but they decided to do something extra fun and keep you late at work or keep you for Staff Duty or something (my luck)

I am a chapter of one sincitycj's Avatar

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Served
    Served
    1985 to 1989

Closest Installation

Nellis AFB
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

That why I hate ordering stuff. I'm worse than my kids when I have to wait.
    Quote Originally Posted by usnavymitchells View Post
    went to google to see if I too was a dumb ass!!! Well actually I am.

http://www.sincityrubs.com/

Branch
    Air Force
    Status
    Served
    Served
    1965 to 1969

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You will have to take some picts and give a little write up on the install and does it rattle when you are on a rough road. I am looking at giving myself the same X mas gift.

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Retired
    Served
    1991 to 2012

Closest Installation

Fort Carson
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At least it's on the way.
    Sven
    Colorado Springs Chapter Calendar and News

'04 Wrangler Rubi, 5.5" Extreme Duty LA, 35" Goodyear Duratrac's, Warn RC 9.0 (Sold - My life sucks)

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2007 to Present

Closest Installation

Fort Campbell
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At least it's on the way.
    Amen. I put in an order with 4wp three weeks ago and still it hasn't SHIPPED. I got a an email explaining that the manufacturer was 2 months behind on production due to "overwhelming sales."

Were I home instead of here in the catbox, I'd be livid. But as is, the price was good, so I can wait for my fabtech rocker guards (and I might still cancel the order, too...I still sort of want the Poison Spider ones).
    Keep it slow. I can't afford spare parts.

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2003 to Present

Closest Installation

NPGS Monterey
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have the XHD rear on my 2009 Unlt, and it has not been anything but great. I have seen others that I likes for different reasons, but this is a solid performer. The only issue I have is the swing out and the bearings get packed with filth on mud runs and you have (should) break it down and clean it out. I can tell when I need to get it done because I can hardly swing the tire carrier out. Other than that, it was a great investment, and I wouldn't have made a different choice.

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2001 to Present

Closest Installation

Fort Bliss
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well, it was waiting for me when i got home on monday night. I immediately started ripping into it, and finally got everything done tonight. didnt take very long, just took my time and did other things in the process. initial install wasnt too bad, got it done within about 2 hours working on it myself. the only issue i have is that the top bolt has to be ground down because I need to lift my tailgate up as i open it, or else it will hit. everything lines up, but either the bumper has a slight twist, or one of the brackets is bent. not that big of deal. finished wiring up the 3rd brakelight a little while ago. ended up just cutting the connectors and hardwiring it instead of trying to figure out how to remove the wires from it. ill get some pics on here within the next couple days.
    09 JK, 3.5 Rubicon Express suspension, Teraflex Control Arms, AEV high steer, 35" Hankook AT's, JKS quick disco's,

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    1991 to Present

Closest Installation

Fort Myer
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I can relate...I made a ruin to Cruces to pick up my hoarde/stash of parts from the GFs house..HOLY COW! I hardly reaslized I had that much stuff! Filled the bed of my LB Dodge! Now I gotta get crackin' and wrenchin...if only the ACrafts shop would stay open when we are off...Grrr...haha

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2001 to Present

Closest Installation

Fort Bliss
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by C130Hilgy View Post
    You will have to take some picts and give a little write up on the install and does it rattle when you are on a rough road. I am looking at giving myself the same X mas gift.
    here ya go! doesnt make a sound going down the road. with all that weight, it does sit a little lower in the rear than without. definately a good purchase!

IMG_2775.jpg
    just realized i still have to go out and trim the zip ties! saw it when i uploaded this pic

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast