2005 to Present

Closest Installation

Fort Sam Houston
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default What the hell should I do?

So a local civviy feller heard through the grapevine that I was a wounded warrior, and I have been looking at rear bumpers for a bout a year now, wants to give me his brand new kennesaw moutain rear bumper, yes give it to me, and when I say new I mean still on the pallet not even been unpacked. I feel like I should atleast give something or do something in return, what do y'all think?
    Quote Originally Posted by Irish_Assassin View Post
    I'd jump all ovet that waggy!!!
    If I offend anyone tonight, I apologize. That's not my intention. I'm not going to guess what your personal line of decency is. I cross my own from time to time. It's how I know I still have one. not that i actually cared in the first place.

"Cougar or not, I'd bang both those broads like a f***ing retard with a tambourine in each hand"

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2007 to Present

Closest Installation

Fort Campbell
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A damn nice fellow. Most people that want to do something like that would probably ask you to pay it forward at a future date. I can't say for sure how I'd feel when offered something like that, though.
    Keep it slow. I can't afford spare parts.

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Retired
    Served
    1965 to 1968

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A deepest heartly thanks is in order for that person.(He probably is military as well)
    We still have good people that cares about us.
    WE already give our ultimate sacrifice for them.
    Blessed Be my Brother.
    If you don't give up---You will never fail.

8th Combat Engineers (Sapper) (Vietnam 66)

on top, usually

Branch
    Navy
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2002 to 2010

Closest Installation

Fort Leonard Wood
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had something like this happen to me. I wrote an anonymous letter to the local newspaper telling about his generosity. I figured least he would get some positive free advertisement.

Branch
    Navy
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2000 to 2014

Closest Installation

Malmstrom AFB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you can prevent him with a command sanctioned flag, that usually helps a lot.

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Retired
    Served
    1967 to 1994

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cole View Post
    A damn nice fellow. Most people that want to do something like that would probably ask you to pay it forward at a future date. I can't say for sure how I'd feel when offered something like that, though.
    Pay it forward to another vet.

MANY years ago in my brand new '78 Corvette, at 2am on a PCS move it broke alternator belt. A Marine stopped as I was under the hood and said he would help. I am in the middle of nowhere. My car would run and water pump ok, but lights and other electrical was weak. So I got behind the Marines truck and followed him from all night gas station until we found one around 7 am in the morning that had the right length of alternator belt. I was starving and headed across the street to breakfast at a joint. I came back and my Corvette was FIXED and the Marine was gone.

What is even more interesting is that he was traveling in the OPPOSITE direction I was going and he had driven about 200 miles out of his way, plus he had to recover the 2 hundred miles. This makes 400 miles for him. I have never forgot that. I fought along side Marines in Vietnam and love them like brothers.

Pay it forward.
    Don

'15 Jeep Unlimited Rubicon Hard Rock...OLD SCHOOL 6 Spd Manual Trans
    17 Oaks Ranch Companies LLC

www.savagesun4x4.com

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Retired
    Served
    1978 to 2014

Closest Installation

USAF Academy
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I am with the "Pay It Forward" suggestion. A differant slant on this is this guy is a Jeeper who is helping out another Jeeper who happens to be a Wounded Warrior with a free bumper. It is not like he bought you a turkey or some other item that some people would see as an appropriate gesture. Not trying to read into this, but this guy may not welcome the publicity and some of it may be unwanted...like why didn't you give a Wounder Warrior a free wheel chair instead of giving an expensice bumper ti this guy. Thank him, see about getting him a flag or a coin or some other token, but I wouldn't advertise it unless he wants you too.

Branch
    Navy
    Status
    Served
    Served
    1993 to 1995

Closest Installation

Fort Wayne
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SGM O View Post
    I am with the "Pay It Forward" suggestion. A differant slant on this is this guy is a Jeeper who is helping out another Jeeper who happens to be a Wounded Warrior with a free bumper. It is not like he bought you a turkey or some other item that some people would see as an appropriate gesture. Not trying to read into this, but this guy may not welcome the publicity and some of it may be unwanted...like why didn't you give a Wounder Warrior a free wheel chair instead of giving an expensice bumper ti this guy. Thank him, see about getting him a flag or a coin or some other token, but I wouldn't advertise it unless he wants you too.
    X2. Couldnt have said it better.

Branch
    Air Force
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2001 to Present

Closest Installation

Peterson AFB
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's awesome! I'm all about the pay it forward thing! My neighbors down the street heard about the kids in my neighbor hood and new I'm out of town so they bought a new garage key pad and are installing it for Phoebe. Do something nice for him like a surprise christmas gift or something. I didn't even know they made bumpers for ZJ's though.
    Quote Originally Posted by usnavymitchells View Post
    I am officially a Huge Steeler's Fan!
    97 ZJ Murdered Out! (SOLD ), 5.5" Clayton L/A's front and rear, 242 swap, HP30 & 8.8 w/ 4.88's & Eaton ELocker's F/R, 35" Goodyear Wrangler MT/R's with Kevlar.

Grand Cherokee Owners
    http://www.militaryjeepers.com/commu...php?groupid=44

Branch
    Navy
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    1996 to Present

Closest Installation

NB Coronado
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Its things like this that make me proud to serve, and proud to be an American. If your local, maybe you could get him in and give him a tour of your unit and what it is you do. Of course it has to be an Unclassified Job. I have done that before a few years back and the gentleman was really impressed and thankful.

oohrah!