User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: NEED HELP with XJ Bumper Prize from Last Year....Anyone have Contact with HillBille????

No Mas Jeepalonie

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    1992 to Present

Closest Installation

Fort Campbell
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default NEED HELP with XJ Bumper Prize from Last Year....Anyone have Contact with HillBille????

As most remember last year at Camp MJMW we had a slew of prizes donated well one of our big ticket prizes was a Cherokee Bumper from FrankZ. This was awsome. Well in order to alleviate shipping this thing across country it was handed off to HillBille to bring to us. The week of Camp MJ he had some family sickness arise and could not attend so we linked up the winner of the Bumper with HillBille and we all thought it was the end and taken care of. Well about 2 months ago I get a call from Larry (Ghost00TJ) asking if I knew anything about this bumper. I told him I thought it was a done deal as did he but he got a PM from Solid Junk, the winner, asking if we had any contact with HillBille. We went through the site admin and a few other channels and finally heard from him and how they had a hard time linking up and what not but heard nothing since and Solid Junk has heard nothing either.

So what I am asking of the MJ community is:
    1. Does anyone have a way to contact or regular contact with HillBille? If so can we get refreshed in his mind that we are obligated to get this prize to the rightful owner.

2. Can we have some one coming out the Missiouri direction from the west possibly try to link up with HillBille and try to get this to its owner OR

3. Can we make an MJ chain of custody and hand this bumper across the country to MO? We can track it on line on a thread, such and such date and time, so and so handed bumper off to so and so at whatever location. I think this will work best but we really need all parties involved to make contact
    Jeepless Again

2008 Ford F150

Branch
    Marine Corps
    Status
    Served
    Served
    1980 to 1984

Closest Installation

Fort Carson
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FWIW,
    This is last I heard from him on 10-26-10. To be honest i'm a wee bit pissed about this. I can't understand why the winner has hadd to wait this long. i suppose i should have just shipped it instead of handing it off.

Quote Originally Posted by HillBillE
    Hey Frank, got a quick question for ya.

Remember that bumper you donated to camp MJ in MO?

You remember or know how much it weighs?

I had planned on delivering it to Camp MJ, but couldn't make it. Now I need to ship it to MO, about 800 miles from me.

I have no way of weighing it, all I know is, it's BEEFY!

Tried to meet up with the winner around 1/2 way, but it never panned out.

Thanks!

Randy
    http://zhvac.webs.com/

9/11 - WE WILL NEVER FORGET!! (<---<<click)

Branch
    Army National Guard
    Status
    Served
    Served
    1996 to Present

Closest Installation

Fort McCoy
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just left MN a few days ago and could have helped out, I know he was planning on being at his cabin for deer season. I know a guy that has contact with him from their local club.
    Only the dead have seen the end of war - Plato

I don't always go full retard, but when I do I take the Jeep...

Money can't buy Happiness, But it can buy BACON, close enough!!!

Quote Originally Posted by gearhead1985 View Post
    i think i r druck and will rechecck in the morning

___/l ,[____],
    l----------L OllllllO-
    ()_)-----()_)-o-)_)

No Mas Jeepalonie

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    1992 to Present

Closest Installation

Fort Campbell
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by frankZ View Post
    FWIW,
    This is last I heard from him on 10-26-10. To be honest i'm a wee bit pissed about this. I can't understand why the winner has had to wait this long. i suppose i should have just shipped it instead of handing it off.
    Frankly (no pun intended) I am pissed to. Like I said I was under the impression this was a done deal. After Camp MJ I was informed contact was made and a meeting was arranged, so I left them to thier devices, here it is SEVERAL months later and the bumper is still in MN sitting I don't know where. Is it exposed to the weather? Is it covered up? Is it protected at all?

But at any rate this thread wasn't brought about to discuss how pissed we are but to try to collaborate and figure a solution
    Jeepless Again

2008 Ford F150

Branch
    Army National Guard
    Status
    Served
    Served
    1996 to Present

Closest Installation

Fort McCoy
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I sent him a PM on another board that we're on that you're trying to get in contact with him, so hopefully that'll help you out.
    Only the dead have seen the end of war - Plato

I don't always go full retard, but when I do I take the Jeep...

Money can't buy Happiness, But it can buy BACON, close enough!!!

Quote Originally Posted by gearhead1985 View Post
    i think i r druck and will rechecck in the morning

___/l ,[____],
    l----------L OllllllO-
    ()_)-----()_)-o-)_)

No Mas Jeepalonie

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    1992 to Present

Closest Installation

Fort Campbell
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Heres the last message I got from him, he sent to Ryan and CCd me:
    Sorry Ryan, guys, been really busy as of late. Family stuff, and fall is just busy, with the cabin, deer season and other stuff. Haven't been online a lot.

The bumper is huge, but I might be able to ship it. I talked to the guy who won it a few times (through PM's) but we just couldn't hook up. He was supposed to go to Ft. McCoy, WI, which would have worked great, as it's only 3 hours from me.

Was going to try and meet him half way, in Des Moines, IA.
    But my wife is still out of work, so the plan of meeting him 1/2 way is out. (it's about 400 miles to the 1/2 way point.)

I'm bummed about not making the Camp MJ, I picked up the bumper from FrankZ, in Colorado Springs, on my way home from Moab. The ride he had arranged had fallen through, and since it was only a bit out of my way, and I was planning on heading to Camp MJ in MO, I figured I'd deliver it.

You know what they say about the best laid plans

We do have a UPS terminal here, I think I can ship it from there. It's huge, and heavy, which is why FrankZ didn't want to ship it. I'll have to find out what's required to ship it. (pallet, wrapping, etc)

Here's a pic of it: (it's resting on a CJ2A frame)

so that leads me to beleive it is out in the weather, but I don't know maybe he just put it out like that for a pic. I jsut want to coordinate something to get this thing to MO.

If we have the option of shipping we will need to take donations to ship this thing. I personally wouldn't pay for it, and I don't expect the winner to pay for it, and I don't expect HillBille to pay for it, honestly this is justa shitty situation and I wouldn't expect anyone to even want to donate to it and I would never ask any one person to foot the bill. I would never even bring up trying to raise money to ship if it weren't our only option.
    Jeepless Again

2008 Ford F150

Now What?

Branch
    Air National Guard
    Status
    Retired
    Served
    1985 to 2007

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post

3. Can we make an MJ chain of custody and hand this bumper across the country to MO? We can track it on line on a thread, such and such date and time, so and so handed bumper off to so and so at whatever location. I think this will work best but we really need all parties involved to make contact
    Eh, life happens and I think it is biting HillBille... So the bumper's final destination is MO? I'm willing to run the Minnesota part of the relay and perhaps to Des Moines sooner rather than later... May need to post a plea in general discussion to try to find sombody in Iowa...
    Minnesota National Guard
    ARNG 85-00 / ANG 01-07
    --31C;19K-- / ---3E7---

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Retired
    Served
    1986 to 2008

Closest Installation

Fort Leonard Wood
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was surprised when solid came up to me at the TFT run and asked about it, thought it was a done deal a long time ago and I could opnly say that we were working on it, apparently we didnt get get it right. I'm not real happy about the situation and can understand some reason for not getting to where it needs to be, but come on how long will it take to get it to the winner.

FrankZ thanks for providing it, sorry it isnt to Solid yet but who knew it would turn out like this form an MJ member.
    F'it, aint my Jeep!
    Beer does a Jeep Good

No Mas Jeepalonie

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    1992 to Present

Closest Installation

Fort Campbell
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I posted here becasue it is a Camp MJ issue but yea we can cross post asking for help in different forums. If we have the MN portion covered thats a definate start.
    Jeepless Again

2008 Ford F150

Now What?

Branch
    Air National Guard
    Status
    Retired
    Served
    1985 to 2007

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just don't recall seeing anyone from Iowa...
    Last edited by rsq41; 11-29-2010 at 20:01. Reason: typpo
    Minnesota National Guard
    ARNG 85-00 / ANG 01-07
    --31C;19K-- / ---3E7---

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast