2001 to Present

Closest Installation

Peterson AFB
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Build List

Well with my deployment coming up closer and closer I have done what so many of us do and put all of my wishes and plans on an Excel spreadsheet. Hopefully while I'm deployed I can stay on track and order parts "as needed". It's funny how things add up as we all know but seeing it on paper is a small reality check. I broke it up into 4 columns: Build Parts, Future Build Parts, Parts Ordered, and Parts Owned/ Installed. I'm hoping with the deployment I can order all the high dollar items but we will see. Hopefully the 6 doesn't see this though lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by usnavymitchells View Post
    I am officially a Huge Steeler's Fan!
    97 ZJ Murdered Out! (SOLD ), 5.5" Clayton L/A's front and rear, 242 swap, HP30 & 8.8 w/ 4.88's & Eaton ELocker's F/R, 35" Goodyear Wrangler MT/R's with Kevlar.

Grand Cherokee Owners
    http://www.militaryjeepers.com/commu...php?groupid=44

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2007 to Present

Closest Installation

Fort Campbell
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I keep my list on the SIPR box. if my wife sees it there....
    Keep it slow. I can't afford spare parts.

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Retired
    Served
    1997 to Present

Closest Installation

Fort Sill
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Built mine too... Over 10G's... Needless to say there is a lot that is not gonna happen.... In my defense I have less than 5K invested on Frank so far, and thats including the Jeep too.... I think frank deserves some cash trown at it!!!!

Branch
    Air Force
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2001 to Present

Closest Installation

Peterson AFB
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Main build is like 4. Wish list is like 5. Lots that won't get done as well.
    97 ZJ Murdered Out! (SOLD ), 5.5" Clayton L/A's front and rear, 242 swap, HP30 & 8.8 w/ 4.88's & Eaton ELocker's F/R, 35" Goodyear Wrangler MT/R's with Kevlar.

Grand Cherokee Owners

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2007 to Present

Closest Installation

Fort Campbell
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

after a deployment of trimming the list it's down to about three grand for parts. The labor is a matter of question. first is a winch (which I can do!), but after that the gears and rear locker...no way I am biting that bullet. not for a vehicle that is more than a farm runner/toy.

Long term, I want to get rid of the damn d30lp, but I can't even really contemplate that just yet. I think I might buy an old truck and cannibalize the axles if I ever get to the point where I won't be DDing it. Full width would be friggin great. And I want a full roll cage. I have a kid now, and that changed my perspective on such things quick!
    Keep it slow. I can't afford spare parts.

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Served
    Served
    2009 to 2013

Closest Installation

Fort Lewis
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Irish_Assassin View Post
    Well with my deployment coming up closer and closer I have done what so many of us do and put all of my wishes and plans on an Excel spreadsheet. Hopefully while I'm deployed I can stay on track and order parts "as needed". It's funny how things add up as we all know but seeing it on paper is a small reality check. I broke it up into 4 columns: Build Parts, Future Build Parts, Parts Ordered, and Parts Owned/ Installed. I'm hoping with the deployment I can order all the high dollar items but we will see. Hopefully the 6 doesn't see this though lol.
    Good Luck on your deployment, Stay safe. I’m winding mine down here pretty soon. I've invested about 8k into mine. It was pretty easy, but I also don’t have a wife or kids though. I just had everything ship to my home where my Jeep is at, ( I cant have my YJ in Germany ) and my dad just piled everything I’m my room. It was pretty sweet coming to thousands of dollars in parts!!!! It was like my own Christmas in June during R&R. I’m doing again when I get back for leave. I tried to organize it into priority, but eventually everything made into the "NEED" column.

Branch
    Marine Corps Reserves
    Status
    Served
    Served
    2007 to 2013

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm working on the list as well for stuff to buy on my deployment that's coming up soon too. Plan on swapping out those axles at all? Because I would be quite willing to grap that 8.8 off of you for my ZJ! Stay safe.

Branch
    Air Force
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2001 to Present

Closest Installation

Peterson AFB
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

3/4 ton axles would be nice but are not going to happen for quite a while. I just swapped them in like a year and a half ago. Also I really don't see me going past 35's. Maybe 37's one day but probably not. Here is the short list:
    Rear Long Arms
    Belly Skid
    Hack-N-Tap SYE
    Shocks
    Headlights
    Front Bumper
    Rear Bumper
    Limit Straps

Cost w/o shipping:
    $3,886.00

Grand Cherokee Owners

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Served
    Served
    2008 to 2012

Closest Installation

Fort Carson
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

UGH! I know the feeling right now. my list is pretty close to yours.. I am about to just sell a kidney or maybe a kid :-/

3/4 ton axles would be nice but are not going to happen for quite a while. I just swapped them in like a year and a half ago. Also I really don't see me going past 35's. Maybe 37's one day but probably not. Here is the short list:
    Rear Long Arms
    Belly Skid
    Hack-N-Tap SYE
    Shocks
    Headlights
    Front Bumper
    Rear Bumper
    Limit Straps

Cost w/o shipping:
    $3,886.00

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Served
    Served
    2005 to Present

Closest Installation

Fort Sam Houston
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostfire View Post
    UGH! I know the feeling right now. my list is pretty close to yours.. I am about to just sell a kidney or maybe a kid :-/
    wait wernt you on mall crawlin a like last week? there are some more parts for sale over there if you wanna go check em out.
    I'd jump all ovet that waggy!!!
    If I offend anyone tonight, I apologize. That's not my intention. I'm not going to guess what your personal line of decency is. I cross my own from time to time. It's how I know I still have one. not that i actually cared in the first place.

"Cougar or not, I'd bang both those broads like a f***ing retard with a tambourine in each hand"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast