2005 to Present

Closest Installation

Fort Sam Houston
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default so im a cheap mofo

i found a hydo assist setup from EMS offroad, instead of buying a new box, tapping a box, or any of that mumbo jumbo this is a freash idea. i like the idea and have been thing about it, or should i just save the coin and drill and tap a box that i have, or even get the psc box?

Hyrdo-Assist Steering Box Cap Small

$60.00

Hydro Assist Steering Box Cap Need more power from your steering box? Hydro assist may be just what you need. Do you need it? You already know the answer to that. Hydro Assist will allow you to steer no matter how larger your tires are, and no matter how deep the hole your tire is in. I have come up the a way for the do it your-selfer. I make the parts that are the biggest pain. The tapping of box. My setup will require no welding of aluminum, nor complete dismantling of the steering box. All you need to do is remove the front and top caps from the steering box and replace the front cap with the one provided. Then tap the top cap you removed. No need to buy another steering box, or having the box shipped. Once the caps have been replaced. All you need to do is select the ram, hoses, and fittings. Since no two applications are the same I don't offer pre made hoses. And as a DIY person, I'm sure you already found the local place that makes hoses. The cap has been designed to use 1/4" fittings. At first I made the proto-type with 3/8", then I saw the the fluid in the box only runs thru 3/16" holes! But since this is a DIY setup, you can use what ever size hose you want. Here is the easiest way to gain Hydro assit for you Jeep, GM, Bronco, Scout, S-10, Dodge, and other rigs that are running a Saginaw Steering Box. We have been running this setup for more then 5 years. We make the caps here and love the idea. Why take your box off, tear it down, tap it, mess around with the 24 little balls, put it back together, then have something go wrong with it a few monthes later. With this set up all you need to do is replace the front cap, remove the top one, tap it, and re-install it. If your Box goes Bad, remove the caps, and replace onto a diffrent one. No more shipping a heavy steering box! We will need to know what size box you are running in order to get you the right size cap. There are only two diffrent ones, large GM, Dodge, J20; then the small S-10, jeep, Bronco ect.

instructions : http://www.emsoffroad.com/EMS_New/Te...istInstall.pdf
    Last edited by cowboy63b; 12-23-2010 at 21:18.
    Quote Originally Posted by Irish_Assassin View Post
    I'd jump all ovet that waggy!!!
    If I offend anyone tonight, I apologize. That's not my intention. I'm not going to guess what your personal line of decency is. I cross my own from time to time. It's how I know I still have one. not that i actually cared in the first place.

"Cougar or not, I'd bang both those broads like a f***ing retard with a tambourine in each hand"

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Served
    Served
    1985 to 1998

Closest Installation

Fort McCoy
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Link states: "Sorry, the product was not found"

So, did ya buy it already? (thought maybe that's why it can't be found! he-he)

As long as the people remain armed,
    government knows that it cannot rule over the people by force.
    Those who stand in defiance of unconstitutional laws
    do so out of duty, honor, oath and love of country.

"Certified Jeep Junky!"

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Served
    Served
    2005 to Present

Closest Installation

Fort Sam Houston
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

fixed
    If I offend anyone tonight, I apologize. That's not my intention. I'm not going to guess what your personal line of decency is. I cross my own from time to time. It's how I know I still have one. not that i actually cared in the first place.

"Cougar or not, I'd bang both those broads like a f***ing retard with a tambourine in each hand"

Branch
    Army Reserves
    Status
    Served
    Served
    1998 to 2007

Closest Installation

Fort Leonard Wood
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That seems pretty easy let us know how well it works
    project Road Kill
    Quote Originally Posted by DevilDogSoldier View Post
    NOTHING good happens after 10pm, except in the bedroom.
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Doolittle-Rural-Fire-Protection-District/170759052726

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Served
    Served
    1990 to 1993

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How does this effect the streetability

on top, usually

Branch
    Navy
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2002 to 2010

Closest Installation

Fort Leonard Wood
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jackhammer View Post
    How does this effect the streetability
    shouldn affect performance at all. possibly increase it due to the 3 oz. of extra ps fluid that it holds.

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Served
    Served
    2005 to Present

Closest Installation

Fort Sam Houston
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

this is just a hydro assist setup, it shouldnt affect it in a bad way, matter of fact it *should* improve the streetability, i know alot of guys that run assist on the street here in texas, that and also allows the actual mechanical linkage to remain and help bypass the "full hydro is illegal" crap, so if something were to fail, you could get replacement parts fairly easily and still make it home.

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Served
    Served
    1990 to 1993

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cowboy63b View Post
    this is just a hydro assist setup, it shouldnt affect it in a bad way, matter of fact it *should* improve the streetability, i know alot of guys that run assist on the street here in texas, that and also allows the actual mechanical linkage to remain and help bypass the "full hydro is illegal" crap, so if something were to fail, you could get replacement parts fairly easily and still make it home.
    sign me up....oh wait cage is next stay focused

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Served
    Served
    2005 to Present

Closest Installation

Fort Sam Houston
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jackhammer View Post
    sign me up....oh wait cage is next stay focused
    you know you want it.

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Served
    Served
    1990 to 1993

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cage first...then I can practice hydro asst with 4 whees in the air

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast