Serving
    Served
    2003 to Present

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default CB mount location suggestions

Right now mine is zip tied to the e-brake handle since it is non functional. When the 8.8 goes it, hopefully it will be functional. So, where should I put it. I have no console, so let's mull this one over. I'm more for fabricating than I am buying, so all ideas welcome. Keep in mind, it can't be too open because I like the top down in the summer, unless you have a way to protect it from the elements.

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    1997 to Present

Closest Installation

Fort Richardson
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: CB mount location

Well, mine has a little tiny box that sits inside the dash. The only thing that sticks out is the cable and the hand mic with all the controls on it. I have learned that it is good to have the controls close when you are riding so that you don't have to struggle to adjust something.

I say you mod a rack that mounts above your front window and goes the width of your jeep. Stick the cb up there along with any other crap you want out of the way, but close. Just have the rack mount above the visors so the visors are parallel to the ground when raised up. Make it like a shelf an get some rubber padding to put on the inside of it so stuff you stick in it does not roll around

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2003 to Present

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: CB mount location

Good ideas people [img]/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif[/img]