User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Smoking deal on an axle set for military!

Branch
    Air Force
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2006 to Present

Closest Installation

Scott AFB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Smoking deal on an axle set for military!

http://www.atomicaxles.com/military.html

Haha $500 off a set. I don't know if that would help much considering the price. But they're pretty cool.
    2008 JK Unlimited~ 4" Teraflex lift, 35" BFG KM2's, Dynatrac ProRock 44 e-locked, 5.13's, JKS QD's, JKS F&R Trackbars, MM 9500 winch, Rockhard 4x4 Full Skid System, AEV snorkel, SS brakelines,...and it goes on, and on, and on,..

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Retired
    Served
    1986 to 2008

Closest Installation

Fort Leonard Wood
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

3100-over 6000 per axle, seems like alot but after building a couple sets (TJ and CJ) We spent over 4k on the cj axles alone and they are not trussed yet.
    F'it, aint my Jeep!
    Beer does a Jeep Good

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Retired
    Served
    1991 to 2012

Closest Installation

Fort Carson
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Those are pretty and their prices are not that far off from others.
    Sven
    Colorado Springs Chapter Calendar and News

'04 Wrangler Rubi, 5.5" Extreme Duty LA, 35" Goodyear Duratrac's, Warn RC 9.0 (Sold - My life sucks)

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Retired
    Served
    1967 to 1994

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I saw and talked with those guys at Pomona '09. Here is my take:

Concept: Great idea, FAR from being the first in fact they are a good 50 years behind the curve.

Technology: A different approach to an old technology, most the engineering of different parts such as a Ford 9 in etc ec. Nothing wrong with that from an engineering viewpoint.

Application: This IMO is strictly Sonic stuff + you need a good 6 in lift or more to show off your $14k worth of axles. Now being an engineer I appreciate the effort and will stand up and applaud. However [and now the old Army guy comes out] I am interested in reliability and having a couple of tours as an S-4 and I am here to tell you buy into this package and they will OWN your soul. Spare parts ONLY come from them and go broke Richard in some of the places I have taken my rig will be a long, LONG wait on part(s). [buddy waited 4 months on a spare part for his OX locker, which I told him not to buy for that very reason]

Better and cheaper way: OEM Corvette rear, same thing, with parts and reliable engineering...I have thought of experimenting with this, stay tuned if get caught up here on the ranch look for a vette axle a rig. It won't be as pretty...

That said, you got $14+++ to spend then go for it just be aware of the pitfalls with a technology this proprietary.

And one other thing you might want to think about...like I said not the first Rodeo for this suspension setup an we ALL know how well it worked.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Don

'15 Jeep Unlimited Rubicon Hard Rock...OLD SCHOOL 6 Spd Manual Trans
    17 Oaks Ranch Companies LLC

www.savagesun4x4.com

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    1997 to Present

Closest Installation

Fort Richardson
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That is a bad ass vehicle on that page, but being a "tail gunner" shouldn't the weapon be pointed to the rear?

Branch
    Army National Guard
    Status
    Served
    Served
    1994 to 2000

Closest Installation

Schofield Barracks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Badass but way too rich for me.

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Retired
    Served
    1978 to 2014

Closest Installation

USAF Academy
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Miljeep I saw the vehicle up in WA last year, it is a five passenger, the tail gunner sits out back behind the rear stinger and had a mock up of an M-40B in the show vehicle...the M-2 is manned by a gunner in a high mounted seat and there is a RTO position behind the driver...

I agree with Savage, cool looking axles and I looked at them before buying a set of Dynatrac ProRock 60's which will get installed next month on my TJ...great photo of the Gama Goat by the way...not many of the youngsters on here ever had the pleasure of driving, maintaining or sinking one of them I am guessing...

I do appreciate their support and the discount, but I got the same from Dynatrac and paid a lot less.

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Served
    Served
    1985 to 1998

Closest Installation

Fort McCoy
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SGM O View Post
    ...great photo of the Gama Goat by the way...not many of the youngsters on here ever had the pleasure of driving, maintaining or sinking one of them I am guessing....

@SGM O : you must be older then I am.....becuase I don't remember it being such a pleasure to mess with 'em!! LOL

HB

As long as the people remain armed,
    government knows that it cannot rule over the people by force.
    Those who stand in defiance of unconstitutional laws
    do so out of duty, honor, oath and love of country.

"Certified Jeep Junky!"

Branch
    Air Force
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2006 to Present

Closest Installation

Scott AFB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd never heard/seen one of those things, so I youtube'd them. Watch this video; Right at the 28 second mark. That could have been bad! Bunch of idiots!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_DWaWH7iCfg
    2008 JK Unlimited~ 4" Teraflex lift, 35" BFG KM2's, Dynatrac ProRock 44 e-locked, 5.13's, JKS QD's, JKS F&R Trackbars, MM 9500 winch, Rockhard 4x4 Full Skid System, AEV snorkel, SS brakelines,...and it goes on, and on, and on,..

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Retired
    Served
    1967 to 1994

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SGM O View Post

I agree with Savage, cool looking axles and I looked at them before buying a set of Dynatrac ProRock 60's which will get installed next month on my TJ...great photo of the Gama Goat by the way...not many of the youngsters on here ever had the pleasure of driving, maintaining or sinking one of them I am guessing...

I do appreciate their support and the discount, but I got the same from Dynatrac and paid a lot less.
    LOL, yea Gamma Goat did not last long at all..

Yes and you got the best axles for the money + the ability to buy internal repair parts at most any auto store in town.

Bottom line the key to our having the most powerful military in the world?????? Our ability to support our army any place in the world...just ask that Goose Steppin son 'o bitch Hitler. In vietnam I sometimes saw repair parts for my equipment in less than 72 hrs coming out of Texas Instruments, Dallas, Texas. I did have ground combat max priority gear.

SGM, should have said something I would have sold you Dynatrac at my cost, I am a dealer...
    Last edited by SavageSun4x4; 01-09-2011 at 23:11.
    Don

'15 Jeep Unlimited Rubicon Hard Rock...OLD SCHOOL 6 Spd Manual Trans
    17 Oaks Ranch Companies LLC

www.savagesun4x4.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast