2001 to Present

Closest Installation

Peterson AFB
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Jan JotM

This is a good and tough month to start the year! I love it!!! Good luck all! This month competing are: trailsnail, XtrmTJ, Mr.RonGilbert
    Quote Originally Posted by usnavymitchells View Post
    I am officially a Huge Steeler's Fan!
    97 ZJ Murdered Out! (SOLD ), 5.5" Clayton L/A's front and rear, 242 swap, HP30 & 8.8 w/ 4.88's & Eaton ELocker's F/R, 35" Goodyear Wrangler MT/R's with Kevlar.

Grand Cherokee Owners
    http://www.militaryjeepers.com/commu...php?groupid=44

Branch
    Air Force
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2001 to Present

Closest Installation

Peterson AFB
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default trailsnail

Description: Wrangler Rubicon
    Year: 2004
    Model: TJ
    Drive Train: 4.0, 241J w/ 4:1, Rubicon 44's F&R
    Suspension: Rubicon Express 5.5” Long Arm w/ Rancho 9000 adjustable remote resivor shocks, JKS Disconnects
    Tires: 315/75/16 Goodyear Duratracs
    Other Notable Modifications: M/T Classic Lock Wheels, ZJ Tie Rod upgrade,Wilderness Rear Bumper Tire Carrier w/ Rack, Warn Front Bumper w/ Warn 9.0RC Winch, Viair 450C Constant Duty air system, FIPK K&N Fuel Injection Performance Kit, Edge Trail Jammer, Optima Yellow Top, 60" Hi-Lift Mounted on Hood, JVC Head unit w/ Amp, Sub, and Infinity Speakers,CB w/ 3' fiberglass whip on a Teraflex tail light mount, Mirror relocation brackets w/ modified CJ mirrors.
    Favorite Modification: This is gonna have to be a tie between the Long Arm and Lockers
    Least Favorite Modification: T-Case. I would love to have a twin stick or a 2 Low from Teraflex
    Favorite Trail: I've really enjoyed all the trails I've explored, but if I had to choose, I'd say Eagle Rock because it's so close to home.
    Best Trail Damage: I bent the front of the P/S Fender on a tree when flexing on a rock. I was able to bend it back into place. Best permanent would be all the rock rash on the underside and the rear D/S corner from sliding into a bank. I can honestly say all the rock rash and damage was proudly done by me.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    97 ZJ Murdered Out! (SOLD ), 5.5" Clayton L/A's front and rear, 242 swap, HP30 & 8.8 w/ 4.88's & Eaton ELocker's F/R, 35" Goodyear Wrangler MT/R's with Kevlar.

Grand Cherokee Owners

Branch
    Air Force
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2001 to Present

Closest Installation

Peterson AFB
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default XtrmTJ

Year: 1997
    Model: Jeep, Wrangler TJ
    Drive Train: 4.0 I6, TF999 (32rh), NP231, HPD44, Ford 9”
    Suspension: Custom 3 Link (Wishbone)
    Tires: 15X39.5X15 S/S
    Other Notable Modifications: Many
    Favorite Modification: All
    Least Favorite Modification: None
    Favorite Trail: MOAB
    Best Trail Damage: Ripped the nose cone off a Ford 9” on “Potato Salad Hill”
    Build Thread:

SPEC SHEET: 1997 Jeep TJ / Sahara

1. 1979 HP/D44, full width front axle with 5:38 Yukon gears, Detroit Locker, Yukon inner and outer axle shafts. Warn locking hubs, Rock Crusher diff cover, QA1 3/4” Hiem jointed tie rod that is 1 1/2” X .310 walled DOM, flipped on top the knuckles for a little extra clearance. Custom bridge work to locate the custom 3 link/Wishbone system.

2. 1978 Ford 9”, full width rear axle with 5:43 Yukon gears. Yukon Spool and 31 splined Yukon axle shafts. A Randy’s Ring & Pinion experimental (thick/beefy) third member. A ¾” thick DIY yoke/u-joint skid plate. A 3/8” thick steel skid plate welded to the bottom of axle. A 3/8” steel plate molded/welded on back cover to protect the ring and pinion. Custom bridge work to locate the custom 3 link/Wishbone system.

3. MPFI 4.0L inline 6 cylinder. (Just turned 39,000 miles) new factory “flex” header, K&N air filter, custom exhaust with a series 50 Flow Master muffler. Jet one inch TBI spacer. The OBA is a 1979 Ford A/C pump plumbed onto the factory A/C stand. A Summit Racing electric radiator fan. M.O.R.E. two inch raised motor mounts. Custom oil pan skid plate. Battery and Engine block warmers (Canadian model) Dual Optima red top batteries in an M.O.R.E. dual battery tray. Custom made (PVC pipe) radiator overflow and window washing fluid tanks.

4. TF 999 automatic transmission with a Currie deep oil pan (prevents fluid starvation at extreme angles) and a custom oil pan skid plate. Summit add on transmission oil cooler.

5. NP 231 transfer case. TeraFlex SYE kit, TeraLow 4:1 kit, mounted on a custom reinforced Teraflex “belly-up” skid plate.

6. Custom front and rear drive shafts, made from 2” X .250 walled DOM. Tom Woods long splined / long travel slip yokes with gold band1310 u-joints.

7. Front axle is moved forward 5.5” and is located by a custom “Wish Bone” three link system, using 1.75” X .250 walled DOM, the lower arms are 48” long X 1.75” X .250 walled DOM sheathed with schedule 80 pipe. All Hiem joints are QA1’s of ¾”” and 1 3/4” sizes. The front rides on a pair of 14 inch Sway Away Race Runner coil over’s with dual rated springs (10” 150 lbs over 14” 300 lbs) and 6” tender coils. The front brake lines are extra long and steel braided. Steering is controlled by a 2 X 8 inch hydraulic ram, with an add on electric fan cooled oil cooler, and a high volume PS pump with a smaller Power Pulley.

8. The rear axle was moved 9” backwards for a 109 inch wheel base, and is located by a custom “Wish Bone” 3 link system, using 1.75” X .250 walled DOM, the lower arms are 48” long X 1.75” X .250 walled DOM sheathed with schedule 80 pipe. All Hiem joints are QA1’s of ¾” and 1 3/4 “sizes. The rear rides on 5.5” over stock, Rubicon Express rear coils. The rear coils are captured on top and free at the bottom. The rear axle was clocked upwards for a perfect drive shaft angle. The rear shocks are Gas charged Les Schwab Mountain Rider Extremes, angle inboard for better articulation.

9. A two (2) inch “Bod-i-Lift” was installed to accommodate the Terraflex belly-up / skid pan. The rear of the frame was cut off and 3X4X3/8 inch tubing was added to extend the wheel base and attach the Rubicon Express rear coils. The stock fuel tank was removed and a custom, 16 gallon fuel cell was placed in the cargo area. The entire tub of the Jeep was coated with Hurcaliner bed liner. A Toys by Troy cage was welded in with extra support members (5 in all). A Grant steering wheel with a quick release system. Passenger side Air Bag was removed. KC Rock and off road lighting. A hood lift system. A pair of recovery shackles front and rear. 40 channel CB. Dual Air horns. Fire extinguisher.

10. Custom armor plating includes Avalanche Rocker Knockers w/custom nerf bars added and Competition cut rear Crusher corners. The tail gate was removed and replaced with ¼” plate steel. A Blue Torch Fab front hoop and stinger combo. A custom made winch mount. A Warn HS9500I winch. Custom made “flat” front fenders. Front and rear LED turn/stop signals.

11. All this rides on 15X39.5X15 Super Swamper TSL’s mounted on 12X15 steel rock crawler rims with DIY 24 bolt custom bead locks.
    12. Recent mods, Rear Bumperetts, Military tail/turn lights, Military door safety straps, Drivers fender blackout light, MB side and corner handles, Pioneer gear mounted (axe/shovel), .50 Cal ammo can used as a center console (lockable), MB side/rear view round mirror, Hand grenade (pineapple style) shifter knob. 20MM ammo can in rear as tool/gear storage, MB style hood latches. Everything painted Green, with Military markings painted Flat Black.

Eugene is a 1997 Jeep TJ. Eugene started out life as my wife’s daily driver and grocery getter. A mild 1.5” puck lift and 31” Super Swampers were all he got. He was given to me in May of 1999 and work began on him in June of 1999. After countless hours researching the web, talking to other Jeepers, looking, learning, figuring out the geometry, trials and errors, after many, many, … many,….. “ MANY” modifications, he now is ready to attack anything that gets in his way!
    It was small little steps at first, trial and error stuff really. Then it happened, I was afflicted, a sickness my wife says, Eugene went from mild to wild ! From 29’s to 39’s, from factory OEM to one off custom everything. I have been wheeling Jeeps for over 20 years and finally built one that does it all, looks cool cruzing the strip on Saturday night and can negotiate the nastiest terrain in North America. Looks, Form, Function, I wouldn’t change anything, I know every nut, every bolt, every scratch, every dent, every noise he makes is music to my ears. Eugene is perfection in motion!

Grand Cherokee Owners

Branch
    Air Force
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2001 to Present

Closest Installation

Peterson AFB
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Mr.RonGilbert

Year: 2008
    Model: JK Unlimited
    Drive Train: Coast 1350 Drive Shafts, US Alloy (Front) / Superior (Rear) axle shafts, Superior 5.13 Gears, ARB lockers front/rear
    Suspension: Poly Performance Synergy Long Arm
    Tires: 37" Goodyear MTR
    Other Notable Modifications: Full RROR Skids
    Favorite Modification: Poly LA Kit
    Least Favorite Modification: Full width front bumper... I didn't know better when I bought it.
    Favorite Trail: Waterfall - Katemcy Rocks - Mason, Texas (RIP)
    Best Trail Damage: Rockrash and lots of it!
    Build Thread: http://www.militaryjeepers.com/commu.....-in-progress

Grand Cherokee Owners

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2007 to Present

Closest Installation

Fort Campbell
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

bump.
    Keep it slow. I can't afford spare parts.

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Retired
    Served
    1984 to 2011

Closest Installation

Fort Carson
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cole View Post
    bump.
    You dont need to bump it. Its a sticky and will stay at the top.

Wow! Glad I was not competing against these Jeeps last month!!

Absolutely spectacular rigs!
    05 LJ Unlimited Rubicon. RE 3.5" short arm lift. 1" body and motor mount lift. 35" BFG M/T KMII's. 5.13 gears. Skid row and Jeep Medic belly up skid plates. Rokmen and Jeeperman bumpers. PSC rockers and full corners. Line X'd interior. Warn 9.5ti. Dual batteries. Dual tops. Snorkel. Full and half doors.

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2007 to Present

Closest Installation

Fort Campbell
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know how many people do it, but my main way of browsing the forum is to use a bookmark I made using the "what's new" link, so bumping does help in that way.
    Keep it slow. I can't afford spare parts.

Branch
    Air Force Reserves
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    1999 to Present

Closest Installation

Peterson AFB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Crap! Tough choice

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Retired
    Served
    1984 to 2011

Closest Installation

Fort Carson
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know how many people do it, but my main way of browsing the forum is to use a bookmark I made using the "what's new" link, so bumping does help in that way.
    Cool.
    05 LJ Unlimited Rubicon. RE 3.5" short arm lift. 1" body and motor mount lift. 35" BFG M/T KMII's. 5.13 gears. Skid row and Jeep Medic belly up skid plates. Rokmen and Jeeperman bumpers. PSC rockers and full corners. Line X'd interior. Warn 9.5ti. Dual batteries. Dual tops. Snorkel. Full and half doors.

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Served
    Served
    1985 to 1998

Closest Installation

Fort McCoy
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yep, I just hit the 'new posts' tab, so I never see a sticky unless someone posts on it or bumps it.

Quote Originally Posted by 4Fox View Post
    Crap! Tough choice
    No kidding!!

I think I need to test drive all 3 before I can make a decision!

As long as the people remain armed,
    government knows that it cannot rule over the people by force.
    Those who stand in defiance of unconstitutional laws
    do so out of duty, honor, oath and love of country.

"Certified Jeep Junky!"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast