1990 to Present

Closest Installation

Fort Bragg
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default 35" Tires

I am in the process of building a CJ7 for my wife. It has the stock AMC20 rear and Dana 30 Front. I will replace the rear 2 piece axles with 1 piece (AMC20)and then put either a lunchbox or spartan locker in the front. She will not be doing a whole lot of rough wheeling, more just trail riding and watching me break mine when I build mine. My question is, between the AMC20 and the Dana 30, will they be able to handle the 35" tires?
    Thanks
    Alan

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Served
    Served
    1990 to 1993

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes. I know someone that wheels with that on heavy ass thornbirds and a 304 v8. But he is open

Just like the dana 30 in my yj a locker in front will make the short side inner axle weak link. I have chromo inner and outer on that side and have no problems on 35s witha 5.2L v8. My buddy has aussie up front with 4.0 and 33s and he breaks his short side inner on a regular basis. Especially when in reverse with wheels turned. However you have lock out hubs so that might be the weeklink on yours.

Just carry spare hub and axle shafts and you should be fine.