2004 to Present

Closest Installation

Fort Hood
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Tire / Gear / Questions

k i have a 06 TJ i recently bought looks like it has a 2 or 2.5 BB on it and right now it has a horrible set of 32" AT tires on it. with them the jeep seems to pull pretty good on the highway, but i want something more on the aggressive side like the KM-2. the question comes here the drivetrain is stock, so if i go to a 33" tire will i need to change my gearing or anything. i know they will fit but it will of course limit my flex some, lift kit from RC probaly this summer to fix that. now for what i know about it is it has the 4.o with a 6 speed tranny. other than that im pretty stupid when it comes to it and the whole jeeping addiction.

also do you think i should go with a lift now and wait till summer to buy tires. cant afford both now.
    Last edited by jsnruth; 02-13-2011 at 21:19.
    2006 LJ
    4.56 gears ARB's front and rear, SYE with Tom woods shaft, VIAIR OBA, 4" lift, 35" MTR's, currie currectlync link steering. Stinger front bumper and winch. poison spyder hood louver, rock slider, and steering skid. SAVVY gas tank skid, SAVVY tummy tuck with modular under armor kit. Poison Spyder trail cage kit

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Served
    Served
    2001 to 2002

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well a 33" tire is accually a true 32", measures something like 32.6". as for the gearing your not going to much bigger than your factory set up, so getting new gears is an option if you plan on going to even larger tires and a lift. going to jeep4x4 center.com or morris4x4.com, the site has the chart that can help you better decide what you need. the thing with going to bigger tires without changing you gears, it will change your driving speed, so you might want a freind to shadow you to see how fast your going.
    "If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything"
    quote from movie "sucker punch"

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Served
    Served
    2001 to 2002

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)