2009 to Present

Closest Installation

Fort Bliss
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Need help once again!!!

Ok so im still on the hunt for my xj and I found another one bu this one is not running. It;s a 98 and the reason its not running because it was in a slight accident doesn't look bad but the airbags deployed. He said he drove it home and it never worked again. He said it's either some wiring issue or he thinks its because the bags deployed. Could having the bags deployed cause that and if not any advice? I know accident vehicles tend to have wiring issues but is there anything i can check real quick to see what it is. I don't have a voltmeter I sold it. Thanks for the advice in advance.

on top, usually

Branch
    Navy
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2002 to 2010

Closest Installation

Fort Leonard Wood
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if its not less than $300 i wouldnt do it myself. where are you looking for XJ's at? what do you want in it? what motor? trans? rear axle? 2/4 dr?

i bought an insurance claim XJ that was COMPLETELY TOTALED for $80 the last time i picked one up.

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2009 to Present

Closest Installation

Fort Bliss
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

btw i have pics but i would have to text or email to you. It's a 98 and the damage is to the driver front fender area.

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2009 to Present

Closest Installation

Fort Bliss
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

91yeeper I want an xj cause for some reason the xj's stick out more to me and wranglers are expensive. I'm looking for a 4 door 4x4 with a 4.0. The stocker i get it the better but if it has stuff done to it it's ok. Btw how and where can I get a deal like that with out a membership or license and what was wrong with that one you bought.

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2003 to Present

Closest Installation

Bamberg
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Most newer cars' computers will allow for limited driving with the airbags deployed. I'm not sure whether or not the XJ falls under this category. If it is, the computer will have to be reset and have to reflect that the airbags have not been deployed. Hopefully this helps!
    I carry a gun because cops don't fit in my holster.

[_____]
    -(0IIIIIII0)-
    __AWoL__
    U-----o---U

on top, usually

Branch
    Navy
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2002 to 2010

Closest Installation

Fort Leonard Wood
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

check out auctions in your area. police, insurance, repo's. local junkyards are your best bet. find pick-n-pulls, wander the rows of cars aimlessly, find what you want, tell them you want the whole thing with a title, release of lien (if it has one or if its possible), and tow it home. i bought an 87 F150 from a junkyard that had all the vacuum lines ripped off of it. if you know anything about older fords thats imminent death to them, $20 at napa and it was running great. i paid under $500 for the whole truck.

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2009 to Present

Closest Installation

Fort Bliss
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

nice work man I have been looking all over the ft bliss/elpaso and nm area and even in some other states. I found one on cherokee forum in va with all brand new parts just waiting on shipping cost quote to here.

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2003 to Present

Closest Installation

Bamberg
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 91YEEPER View Post
    check out auctions in your area. police, insurance, repo's. local junkyards are your best bet. find pick-n-pulls, wander the rows of cars aimlessly, find what you want, tell them you want the whole thing with a title, release of lien (if it has one or if its possible), and tow it home. i bought an 87 F150 from a junkyard that had all the vacuum lines ripped off of it. if you know anything about older fords thats imminent death to them, $20 at napa and it was running great. i paid under $500 for the whole truck.
    Very Nice!

My first truck was an '87 GMC 1/2 ton without an engine or axles. I went to a u-pull-it parts yard and got a straight 6 from a '66 El'camino, and axles from a half crushed '92 Chevy 1500. $280 in total and a bit of labor and I had a damn nice truck! I was 16 at the time, so this helped me learn also!
    I carry a gun because cops don't fit in my holster.

[_____]
    -(0IIIIIII0)-
    __AWoL__
    U-----o---U

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    1997 to Present

Closest Installation

Fort Richardson
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeepit19 View Post
    91yeeper I want an xj cause for some reason the xj's stick out more to me and wranglers are expensive. I'm looking for a 4 door 4x4 with a 4.0. The stocker i get it the better but if it has stuff done to it it's ok. Btw how and where can I get a deal like that with out a membership or license and what was wrong with that one you bought.
    I know they have impound auctions in Austin and they probably have them around your area also. Here is a page for an Auction site I watch a bunch. I am planning on going to the Uhaul storage auction in April. I am sure if you poke around auction sites or give them a call, they may be able to point you in some direction that will help you out. Calling an impound lot in a larger city may also get you some additional info.

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    1997 to Present

Closest Installation

Fort Richardson
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeepit19 View Post
    nice work man I have been looking all over the ft bliss/elpaso and nm area and even in some other states. I found one on cherokee forum in va with all brand new parts just waiting on shipping cost quote to here.
    Shoot a pm to pacifier or shoot en email to him at [email protected] He knows a bunch of people in the Northern VA area and may be able to help with some parts info.