User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Welsh Industries of DeKalb, IL - Welshind.com. Read this before doing business with them.

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    1997 to Present

Closest Installation

Fort Richardson
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Welsh Industries of DeKalb, IL - Welshind.com. Read this before doing business with them.

Short version: We were talking with the company about ordering patches. In order to get a proof done, we had to provide our credit card number. A few months later, without us approving the final order for the Military Jeepers patches, they went ahead and made them, charged our credit card for the purchase and sent them to our house. I was in Iraq at the time and my wife was trying to handle the issue while I was overseas so I would not have to worry about the problems she was having with the patch company. The guy knew he should not have done that and made a deal with my wife where we could send back the unsold patches for a refund. Well, that was a year ago and we sent back the patches, but never received our money. The company either does not answer our emails, or blows smoke up our arse as we try to close the loop on this. It has been over a year since they first sent the patches to us and has been just about a year since we sent them back for a refund and a refund of money for other patches they sent that we never wanted in the first place

There is an update posted 19 March, 2011 at the bottom of this post

Here is the long story...

Someone on Military Jeepers contacted a company about having patches made because people were asking about patches. After contact was made, since we (my wife and I) would be paying for the patches to be made, my wife picked up communication with the company. (I was in Iraq at the time).

In order for them to make a proof, we had to provide a credit card number. The understanding was that if we decided not to get the patches through them, they would charge the card a set amount for the material and labor it took to create the sample patch. I think that is fair because companies could lose a lot of money making sample for people that won't buy something through them.

Once I started to look into the patches more, I learned that the price they were going to charge per patch was a lot more than most other places online. I decided to work with other companies to see what they could do. Since I was doing this from Iraq with an inconsistant internet connection and a lot of time without an internet connection due to missions, this took a couple of months.

In January of 2010, while I was still overseas, my wife learned that the company had charged us for the full order of patches and had shipped them to our house. They made two sizes, a smaller patch and a six inch patch. We never wanted the six inch patch and that was something that the original person from MJ that contacted them had talked with them about. My wife made it very clear that we did not want a six inch patch.

My wife tried to handle this and leave me out of it so I was not worried about this while overseas. The owner sounded as if he knew that he messed up big time when she called. He told her that she could sell what she could sell and send back the rest of the patches for a refund, but she had to do so within 90 days. My wife sent the packages back and got signature confirmation. On March 09, 2010 the package with the unsold patches was sent with U.S. Postal Service Signature Confirmation included to the PO Box that she was told to send the patches back to. The package arrived to the post office on March 11, 2010, but the owner of the company failed to sign for the package until April 06, 2010. Signature confirmation from USPS is: 2308 3250 0000 2655 5659

After many attempts to reach the company via email, I was finally able to talk with the owner on the phone 13 September 2010. I just wanted to close the loop on this and agreed to a deal where they would refund the money for the 6 inch patches we never wanted and he would just return the unsold smaller patches. Well, that was about 8 months ago and we have yet to receive the refund and the patches.

I have tried to contact the company multiple times this past year, but I fear that he thinks that he can just walk all over us because we are a military family and will just "suck it up". This company has been horrible to deal with and I would not recommend anyone deal with them at all for fear that you will get the same treatment. The company owes us hundreds of dollars and product which they said they would return but never have. I have sent many many emails, most go unanswered or they tell us lies about how they have the packages ready to go, but cannot make it to the post office. We have even been told that they are having problems with their system for crediting our account the money owed.

If you know anyone that is looking for a company to produce patches, let them know about this company. If your jeep club is looking for patches, warn them of the issues we have been having. We have been fighting this battle for a year with zero success

The company information is:

Welsh Industries
    [email protected]
    2201 Sycamore Road, DeKalb, IL 60115
    Phone 815-756-1111
    Toll Free 1-888-WELSHIND
    Fax 815-756-1224
    Email [email protected]

Most of our emails have been handled by Michael Welsh, but the last one I sent was answered by someone else at the company that said he would make sure Michael contacted me. Amazingly, Michael never got back with me.

I told them that I was going to post my review of their horrible service on the different review sites and they don't seem to worried about it. I really don't think they care, which to me means that they may have been doing this a while and have got comfortable with the way they screw people over.

If you are a company or organization that was considering Welsh Industries to make your patches, send an email to [email protected] and I will be happy to provide additional information about the way that they have treated us and discuss in more detail this issue. If you order through them and get screwed like we did, don't say we did not warn you.

Here is one of the emails I received from Welsh Industries. It is dated Oct 2010 and this post was added in March of 2011.

our last contact with them:

Update 19 March, 2011

We arrived home after a few days of being away on vacation and we found that Welsh Industries had mailed the box of patches back to us. The printed USPS label on the package was dated Sept 21, 2010, which is about the time they said they were going to finally ship it out. I am guessing it just sat there even while we emailed them multiple times. So far, we have closed the loop on the patches and are waiting to see if a refund has been placed on our credit card. Thank you to all that have helped to increase the visibility on this situation.
    Last edited by miljeep; 03-19-2011 at 20:15.

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Served
    Served
    1989 to 1992

Closest Installation

Fort Sam Houston
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I will be happy to pitch in to help with the cost of the patches.

I will also be shooting them an email...

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Served
    Served
    2004 to 2009

Closest Installation

Fort Carson
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I bought 8 of them originally and would like to buy more if there are any left.

Branch
    Army National Guard
    Status
    Served
    Served
    1998 to 2007

Closest Installation

Fort Dix
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I foresee the MJ'rs filling this companies inbox with polite, yet direct email until they choose to correct the problem.

Actually, I see my sending this to all of my non MJ buddies who will also follow suit because it is pretty shitty when someone messes with a soldier, his family, and their bank account.
    Chuck

98 XJ

Soldier Medic!!

Branch
    Army National Guard
    Status
    Served
    Served
    1998 to 2007

Closest Installation

Fort Dix
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Email Sent;

Mr Welsh,

It has come to my attention that the Military Jeepers organization has been working with you for some time to have some patches made for the group.

The purpose of this email is to inform you that your level of customer service in dealing with them is unacceptable. Your company made patches and charged a credit card when you were not authorized to do so. An agreement was made by your company and Military Jeepers to correct the mistake, and you have not yet accomplished your part of the agreement. You have been difficult to work with, ignored emails and not returned phone calls. You currently owe them both product and money.

This blatant disregard for customer service to anyone, let alone a soldier deployed overseas in support of your freedom, and his family, is abominable. It is also very likely illegal.

Unfortunately I don't live close enough to your company to discuss this matter in person.

However, I am a member of several organizations that will not be doing business with your company. I will ensure that every person I know will not be doing business with your company. I am also very involved in social media outlets such as facebook and twitter. I assure you that I am going to make every effort to ensure that everyone I can contact will not be doing business with your company

Charles Schnaubelt
    Chuck

98 XJ

Soldier Medic!!

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    1997 to Present

Closest Installation

Fort Richardson
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I sent them many emails telling them that I was going to warn others how they treated us and let them know how they conduct business. I really thought that they would move a little faster shipping out the patches and refunding the money, but they did not budge. I can just picture them sitting in their shop laughing at each email I sent them.

funny thing is less than 12 hours after posting this post on MJ, a search for "welsh industries" gets us on the first page of results in google.

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Served
    Served
    1989 to 1992

Closest Installation

Fort Sam Houston
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Edit: This company ****ed over MJ. Be forewarned

You reap what you sow Michael. Do the right thing.
    Last edited by Mr.RonGilbert; 03-12-2011 at 23:11.

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Retired
    Served
    1967 to 1994

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL, YOU HURT THEM...

So I decided to do a search on Welsh Industries of DeKalb, IL and this is the search results...looks like your post is a BIG NUMBER 4 of 112,000 results:

1. Welsh Industries Homepage

Welcome to the home of Welsh Industries, Ltd., makers of quality, American made embroidered ... 2201 Sycamore Road, DeKalb, IL 60115. Phone 815-756-1111 ...
      www.welshind.com/ - Cached - Similar

2. Welsh Industries Ltd

Place page

1600 East Lincoln Highway
      DeKalb, IL 60115-3905
      (815) 756-1111
      Get directions - Is this accurate?

3. Welsh Industries and the Royal Rangers

For the past few years Welsh Industries has provided many Royal Ranger ...
      www.welshind.com/rr.htm - Cached - Similar

Show more results from welshind.com

4. Welsh Industries of DeKalb, IL - Welshind.com. Stay away from them!!!

4 posts - 3 authors - Last post: 14 hours ago
      Short version: We were talking with the company about ordering patches. In order to get a proof done, we had to provide our credit card number.
      www.militaryjeepers.com/.../showthread.php?...Welsh-Industries-of-DeKalb-IL-Welshind...
    Don

'15 Jeep Unlimited Rubicon Hard Rock...OLD SCHOOL 6 Spd Manual Trans
    17 Oaks Ranch Companies LLC

www.savagesun4x4.com

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Retired
    Served
    1967 to 1994

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Of NOTE: Their hoopla over being the Supplier for the Royal Rangers...yea, well I followed ALL 5 of the Royal Ranger links and they are ALL dead end, no such number, no such zone, return to sender...LOL
    Don

'15 Jeep Unlimited Rubicon Hard Rock...OLD SCHOOL 6 Spd Manual Trans
    17 Oaks Ranch Companies LLC

www.savagesun4x4.com

Branch
    Navy
    Status
    Served
    Served
    1999 to 2010

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.RonGilbert View Post
    Welsh Industries? You mean Welsh Industries right.... Welsh Industries screwed service members on some patches.... Welsh Industries, Welsh Industries, Welsh Industries, Welsh Industries, Welsh Industries, Welsh Industries.....

If you put it in your sig ling - even hidden - it will come up more often - I would rather people find this site before they find them anyway.

You reap what you sow Michael. Do the right thing.

So if I type something in like:
    Welsh Industries, Ltd. screws over military members, DON't DO BUSINESS WITH THEM!
    Welsh Industries, Ltd. screws over military members, DON't DO BUSINESS WITH THEM!

It will actually show up on google.
    Unfortunately, the guy sounds like a douche and probably doesn't give a damn about his reputation.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast