1989 to 1992

Closest Installation

Fort Sam Houston
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs down Austin, Texas - Beware of Atomic 4x4

Looong story short.... the owner botched an install on a JK causing some significant damage to a wheel, brake caliper and some related components and is not helping the situation.. including a $600+ wrecker bill. Guy won't even answer calls... (post)

2nd issue - owner had a $30,000 JK build which included a supercharger, D60s, LA kit, 40s, beadlocks, full hydro and all the trimmings.... only to spend the money on his shop and a vacation - now the JK owner cannot even get his axles from Dynatrac even though they are ready to ship. The shop owner owes the JK owner right at $18,000..... (post)

http://jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=47955

The shop owner - JOHN STEFKA - even had the nerve to log into the forum (JKO) and was seen as "active" on the thread several times but never tried to defend himself or explain his side of the story. All he could muster up was this nonsense:

Quote Originally Posted by Atomic4x4 View Post
    Sorry I had a long post going and it logged me out. Will retype.
    That was at 1:04pm today... plenty of time to respond and nothing.

Here is his facebook page...
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Ato...759586?sk=info

His websit
    http://www.atomic4x4.com/contact/

NOT ASKING FOR SOME KIND OF VIGALANTE JUSTICE OR ANYTHING (LOL) - Just want to inform folks who may be considering using this guy for anything.

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2003 to Present

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sounds like a genuine turd. good luck to your forum-buddy

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    1997 to Present

Closest Installation

Fort Richardson
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I appreciate the heads up. Will steer clear of that company.

On another note, people may not think that posting in this section will do anything, but a year after having an issue with a certain company, we arrived back from vacation to find some partial closure in our dealings with them. I will post up on my own thread, but I am glad to see that others are posting reviews (good or bad) for others so they are more informed.

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Retired
    Served
    1967 to 1994

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Now you know why I went into business and Atomic 4x4 is not alone on a potholed road of shops taking folks money and converting a good Jeep into a useless piece of junk in return.

If you are looking for a top builder, one of the best then there are only a few and one less since SunRay Engineering, Weatherford, Texas closed their doors (owner died IIRC). Diamond Off Road Customs (just outside and NW of Ft Worth, Tx) http://www.diamondoffroad.com/home

Scott is as good as they come. He does not advertise outside of his website, its all word of mouth. Stop by his shop and see license plates from Ca to FL. I have been there when car haulers drop off Jeeps for him to work his magic. If you want to wheel with the big boys Scott is the go to guy for the build.

You cannot tell a Scott built Jeep setting in a parking lot, or maybe you can, its the one that looks more stock than the others with out all kinds of do-dah nailed to it.

But when you hit the trails this will be the most often heard comment: "gawd, that Jeep makes it look easy"

You cannot call up and slide your rig in the shop today, waits up to six months are not uncommon. At one time his average build bill was about $25k and many went to near $100k.

He builds it right, stands behind his work and he is honest to a 'T'.
    Don

'15 Jeep Unlimited Rubicon Hard Rock...OLD SCHOOL 6 Spd Manual Trans
    17 Oaks Ranch Companies LLC

www.savagesun4x4.com