2003 to Present

Closest Installation

Bamberg
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Retractable Rockslider Step by Rampage

Has anyone heard of anything good or bad about these things? I'm thinking of ordering a set, but that's an awful lot of money if they turn out to be sh!tty!
    I carry a gun because cops don't fit in my holster.

[_____]
    -(0IIIIIII0)-
    __AWoL__
    U-----o---U

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    1991 to Present

Closest Installation

Fort Myer
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I would have to say that as I get older climbing into the beast becomes harder every year... Lol. So I have looked at these a little myself. The biggest concern I can voice is how will they react to years of mud and abuse? Can't justify the duckies for something that won't last. I'm thinking of making something similar to whats on the Hemmit/PLS etc. It's basically a section of steel cable attached in a "U" to give you a step yet flexes some for obsticles. They used to run em on Bradlies also...

Branch
    Marine Corps
    Status
    Served
    Served
    1993 to 1997

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What about the Bestop Slider Step?
    Dirty Dog Offroad
    Poison Spyder|Teraflex|Rugged Ridge|Nemesis Industries|Rock Krawler|MetalCloak|Genright|Rigid Industries and MUCH more!
    Call 678-459-4364 or EMAIL US Find us on Facebook

My toys haul themselves. Sandbagger's Avatar

Branch
    Army National Guard
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2001 to Present

Closest Installation

Portsmouth NS
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jeepdreamer View Post
    I would have to say that as I get older climbing into the beast becomes harder every year... Lol. So I have looked at these a little myself. The biggest concern I can voice is how will they react to years of mud and abuse? Can't justify the duckies for something that won't last. I'm thinking of making something similar to whats on the Hemmit/PLS etc. It's basically a section of steel cable attached in a "U" to give you a step yet flexes some for obsticles. They used to run em on Bradlies also...
    Yeah! I think on the bottom step of an LMTV there's basically a steel stirrup step made with 2 steel cables. I've always thought this would make an idea jeep step.

2001-2007 Active USAF
    2007-2009 Enlisted ME ARNG
    152 CRC Maine ARNG

MilitaryJeepers - the one website that considers NY state part of New England.

GO ARMY

Branch
    Navy
    Status
    Served
    Served
    2007 to 2010

Closest Installation

Scott AFB
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

on a trail ride i seen an older guy with an old willy's truck on 38's (i think, i know it was big) he made a step that was detachable and he kept next to the seat that just hooked over the lip on the bottom of door opening and after he got in he put it next to the seat for when he got out it was made up out of a piece of 2"x2" box tube for the step and the hook portion was a piece of 1/4" strap steel bent into the shape of an upside down J with a strap cross brace on the top
    Rocks to a Jeep are like crack to an addict

Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms should be a convienent store, not a government agency.
    Quote Originally Posted by trailsnail View Post
    Anything can be fixed with enough redneckery.

Branch
    Navy
    Status
    Served
    Served
    1992 to 1996

Closest Installation

Luke AFB
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gearhead1985 View Post
    on a trail ride i seen an older guy with an old willy's truck on 38's (i think, i know it was big) he made a step that was detachable and he kept next to the seat that just hooked over the lip on the bottom of door opening and after he got in he put it next to the seat for when he got out it was made up out of a piece of 2"x2" box tube for the step and the hook portion was a piece of 1/4" strap steel bent into the shape of an upside down J with a strap cross brace on the top
    X2... i built one for my buddies old man so he could get in and get out of the house..
    it's better to keep your mouth shut and let everyone think your an idiot than to open your mouth and prove it!!!!

/l ,[____],
    l---L []llllll[]-
    ()_)-()_)-o-)_) Its hip to be square