2002 to Present

Closest Installation

Moody AFB
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

USAF Tires

Im thinking about buying some of bf goodwrich KM2's in a 33X12.50X15. Anybody have anything good or bad to say about them?

Branch
    Air Force
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2005 to Present

Closest Installation

Moody AFB
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had them as my last set in a 32X11.5X15 flavor. I had great luck with them. They were quiet on the road, and one of the best compromises between on- and off-road performance out there. Only reason I switched to the Good Years from those is that I got a kick-ass deal on them. Otherwise I'd still have them.

Good to see someone rockin' the same color Jeep as me too, that's pretty rare, I like it.

Branch
    Air Force
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2004 to Present

Closest Installation

Moody AFB
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i have em in 35x12.50x15. This is my second set. i sold my 32 inch ones to buy the 35's. I love em. mean look plus awesome on/off road performance.
    2004 Rubi, Poison Spyder Bumper with Trail Stinger. Warn M8000 winch, Rock Krawler X-factor long arm 4 inch lift, 35x12.50x15 BFG KM2s on Procomp 8 inch steelies, Tom Woods Driveshaft, Poison Syder Full Roll Cage, Tuff Designs rear bumper/Tire carrier, MetalCloak Arched Tube Fenders with 6 Inch Flares, Flowmaster Hushpower Muffler, Vanco Big Disk Brake upgrade, Line-X'd tub and cage.

Branch
    Army Reserves
    Status
    Retired
    Served
    1986 to 2008

Closest Installation

NAS JRB Fort Worth
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Work great in rocks on friends Jeeps. Just wish they made them in a 37 for a 15" wheel.
    11 JKU

85 CJ-7

Glenn & Laura

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Retired
    Served
    1984 to 2011

Closest Installation

Fort Carson
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I personally would not run anything else on a dual purpose Jeep that spends a good percentage of time off road.

If the Jeep was 95% street and 5% off road Id run the BFG All terrains, but for a Jeep that spends a good amount of time off road they are amazing tires. I have run Goodyear and BFG tires on my LJ and the KM2's are the best tires I have run off road so far. They are also much quieter on the street than the original KM's and have better wet weather on road traction. They get a little louder as they wear but not much.

2 weekends ago I was part of a vehicle recovery team and getting to the stuck vehicle required driving up and down several steep, muddy slopes. I had to use a little wheelspin, but the KM2's just dug in and the Jeep just performed great thanks to the tires. They clean out well and do not turn into slicks in the mud. Thier rock performance is great as well.

Highly recommended.
    05 LJ Unlimited Rubicon. RE 3.5" short arm lift. 1" body and motor mount lift. 35" BFG M/T KMII's. 5.13 gears. Skid row and Jeep Medic belly up skid plates. Rokmen and Jeeperman bumpers. PSC rockers and full corners. Line X'd interior. Warn 9.5ti. Dual batteries. Dual tops. Snorkel. Full and half doors.

Vice President MJCS simple88wrangler's Avatar

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    1997 to Present

Closest Installation

Fort Carson
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love the KM2 tire.....I had 33x10.50R15 and they did awesome on those Colorado rocks and even on the road. They wear good as long as you have them the right tire pressure. I ran my mine at 25 on the street and 12 on the trail. They got me though pretty much everything. So now I am buyin another set, but I am getting 37x12.50R17 KM2. In my eyes well worth the money.
    /l ,[____],
    l---L []llllll[]-
    ()_)-()_)-o-)_) 1988 YJ W/4.0HO, AW4 swap with Rad Shifter, Waggy & Isuzu 44's, Eaton E-Lockers, 5.13 gears, 37" KM2's, Front 3 link with FOA 16 inch coilovers, rear triangulated 4 link w stock TJ coils, WB stretched to 103", Currie anti-rock sway bar, custom highline tube fenders, Rear aluminum crusher corners, Poison Spyder rocker knockers, TNT rear bumper and tire carrier.

Branch
    Air Force
    Status
    Served
    Served
    1995 to 1999

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have the exact tire on my TJ, I've only had them on for 1000 miles or so. They didn't particularly like ice this past winter, but that would be the only complaint. I replaced my 32" 3/4 wore out Mudrovers and the KM2's were half as noisy.

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Served
    Served
    1990 to 1993

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I put alot of research and poking round the internet. Purpose of vehicle is the most important when deciding on tires.What do you plan on using them for. Because every upgrade for offroad usually has a drawback on road. What sort of weather do you have to deal with? Another thing to keep in mind. My first set were 30.5x9.5 bfg ko. One of the best street tires in the snow I ever had. But would slick up in illinois clay real bad. Next set were 305/75 bfg mt km. These were an instant upgrade off road however were terrible at stopping in the rain on slick city streets. Vibes and noise were noticable. Next set were 35x12.5 bfg mt (pre km) this set was siped. The siping made a huge difference in the rain and minimal snow n ice. On the set I have now I was switching to beadlocks. So the kevlar option on the new gy mtr was appealing to me since after wheeling all day on super low air then getting on the highway with my fam a blow out would be disasterous to say the least. My other concerns were the change in tread in both the goodyear and bfg. So I figured it would boil down to the distance between tread blocks. The better the grip in the mud. Turned out the bfg km2 alternates from 1inch to 1.25 inch. The goodyear alternates from 1inch to 1.25 to 1.5. I chose to try the gy mtr. My experience so far is:street-unnoticable in sound and vibration and excellent in rain snow and ice. offroad- so far one winter wheeling trip in snow and lots of ice. As long as I was easy on the gas they walked right out of frozen ice ruts. Sunday will be a real test as things have thawed and hover around 40 things should be nice and sloppy. I will update with my spring wheeling review.

Sorrry I cant offer much on the km2 but I figured my thought process in choosing a tire and the results so far might help you.

Branch
    Air Force
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2001 to Present

Closest Installation

Peterson AFB
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've never ran them but everyone I know that has, has loved them.
    Quote Originally Posted by usnavymitchells View Post
    I am officially a Huge Steeler's Fan!
    97 ZJ Murdered Out! (SOLD ), 5.5" Clayton L/A's front and rear, 242 swap, HP30 & 8.8 w/ 4.88's & Eaton ELocker's F/R, 35" Goodyear Wrangler MT/R's with Kevlar.

Grand Cherokee Owners
    http://www.militaryjeepers.com/commu...php?groupid=44