User Tag List

Thread: Anyone know of any dealerships that really take care of military?

Indecisive servicemember medicbear's Avatar

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2001 to Present

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Anyone know of any dealerships that really take care of military?

I dont mind paying a couple hundred to hop on a plane and drive a vehicle back if im gonna save a couple grand...

I used to know of a ford dealership that for military would give you whatever discounts were available plus employee discount off invoice, free year of oil changes, and still had their own military discount of 500$ off... anyone know of any good dealerships like that? even ones that arent mopar since i more than likely will be lookin for a used jeep
    2001-2005 Air Force Medic, 2005-2006 Navy Corpsman, 2007-Present Army Medic/Chaplains Asst.

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Retired
    Served
    1967 to 1994

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Getting used discounts is tuff as prices are all over the map and many dealer do not own the used car dept.

As for buying at distant dealerships. I have done that mostly over my whole auto buying exp. I buy and fly. With ONE exception and it was on a used Jeep I have never had anything but a positive exp and lots of fun getting to break in a new car on the trip back.

TIP: Want your best deal on a NEW auto? Get the fax number or e mail address. Send them a DETAILED by options and color what you want. Here is the key. By Fax or e mail INCLUDE the address of all the dealers you are talking to. This tells them you are serious and they know you are talking to other dealers and they know who the dealers are.

Ask for the TOTAL DRIVE OUT price and a detailed break down of ALL costs.

Now this is important. You need to send them a deposit, best way is by credit card, then request a receipt for: 2011 BelchFire VIN # 937r4oi88 deposit TO BE DEDUCTED from FINAL cost of $44000.73. Any legit dealer will do this.
    Don

'15 Jeep Unlimited Rubicon Hard Rock...OLD SCHOOL 6 Spd Manual Trans
    17 Oaks Ranch Companies LLC

www.savagesun4x4.com

Viewer Discretion Advised Jacob's Avatar

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Served
    Served
    1994 to 2001

Closest Installation

Fort Lewis
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

NUMBER ONE KEY fact in buying any vehicle is NEVER talk about payments with the dealership. ONLY TALK ABOUT OUT THE DOOR PRICE. Go there pre-approved for a loan from your bank/credit union and know how much you can spend and DO NOT TALK ABOUT THAT NUMBER WITH ANYONE AT THE DEALERSHIP. Go from one to the other to the other to another and make them FIT YOUR NEEDS. If a dealership doesn't want to play, then screw them. There are plenty of dealerships.

I have went so far as to give my specs to a dealership and they didn't have the vehicle I wanted. The previous dealership I was at had the vehicle but didn't want to play. The dealership that DID NOT have the vehicle got it from the other dealer (that didn't want to play) and they sold it to me for MY out the door price.

Be vicious and be border line prick because they are out to screw you for every cent they can get. That is their job.
    Jacob

Stop organized crime, don't re-elect anyone!

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    1997 to Present

Closest Installation

Fort Richardson
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you have USAA, find the vic you want, get the VIN number and have them haggle withe the dealer. They do it for a living, so I am sure they have heard all the excuses from dealers by now and it is free so worth the shot.

Branch
    Navy Reserves
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2003 to Present

Closest Installation

NAS Jacksonville
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have not tried this myself but the fiance and I are looking at a 2011 Compass for her. Check out what Tread Lightly is offering.

http://www.treadlightly.org/page.php/chrysler_discount

Individual Members can take advantage of the Chrysler Affiliate Rewards Program and drive away with the Preferred Price* (1% below factory invoice) on your next new Chrysler, Jeep® Dodge or Ram Truck purchase or lease. You’ll find that Affiliate Rewards savings– combined with current incentives† – give you a price that’s up to thousands of dollars below MSRP.‡

Indecisive servicemember medicbear's Avatar

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2001 to Present

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

are you a member id rather not pay 60$ to find out its not that good of a deal...
    2001-2005 Air Force Medic, 2005-2006 Navy Corpsman, 2007-Present Army Medic/Chaplains Asst.

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Retired
    Served
    1967 to 1994

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just bought wife 2011 Grand Cherokee. $2000 under invoice, ANCIRA Jeep, I 10 San Antonio Texas.
    Don

'15 Jeep Unlimited Rubicon Hard Rock...OLD SCHOOL 6 Spd Manual Trans
    17 Oaks Ranch Companies LLC

www.savagesun4x4.com

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Retired
    Served
    1978 to 2014

Closest Installation

USAF Academy
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

You know I bought my first Jeep from a small town dealership and I paid $50 over his actual cost, which was about $1,650 below invoice. Dealers get hold backs, advertising and other kickbacks that discount actuall invoice, so any dealer selling you at invoice is still making money on the sale. Now why did this guy do it? Because I promised to have my Jeep serviced there and at the time they were offering their Gold Car Serice or what ever they called it. Since I was driving 60,000+ miles per year this was a good deal for both of us in the long run as his oil changes where $19.95 and I drove the Jeep for 292,000 miles and all I bought was tires, battery, and a windshield. Everything else was routine maintenance. Now I bought two more Jeep from him and a used Subaru for the ex, plus my folks bought cars there, my sister, brother, etc. Unforntunately all good things come to an end, and when he refused to take on Plymouth, Chrysler pulled the plub on his Jeep only dealership, paid him dearly in the process and he is enjoying his retirement to this day. Now when I bought my '02 TJ, his salesmanager went to work for another Jeep dealer in the same State. His manager thought I was pulling his leg when I told him I wanted the Jeep I bought at the price I paid for it, but I did the same thing as suggested above. I gave him the name of two other dealerships and their stock numbers for the vehicles I could buy from them at the price I was willing to pay. So I bought my '02 for $500 below invoice and it had 2.8 miles on the odo as I was there when they drove it off the truck from the factory.
    Here in Colorado, Faricy Boys beat AAFES prices on an '04 Liberty by over $2,000 and we did the purchase on line from Afghanistan and the Jeep was waiting for us when we got home. When I bought my '06 Unlimited (used) up in Washington, there were four for sale at the same time and I used that to my advantage to ge the price down to where I wanted it to be. I then learned the trick of getting three place to compete for my loan and ended up paying a lower interest rate on a used vehicle than I could get on most new ones. The only really bad experience we have had was on our leased '06 Commander. I new better than to lease, but they offered such a lower deal, yes I fell into the monthly payment trap. Anyways got stuck with a vehicle we found out after about year we didn't want and no matter what we tried we couldn't get out of it until the lease was up, and then Chrysler Financial tried to pull some crap several months after we turn the vehicle in. The owner at Faricy got it straightened out for us and saved a customer in the process, but I will never finance a vehicle with Chrysler Fianacial again. Lastly, always ask for you $500 Military discount, don't buy extended warranties, but sometimes maintenance plans are worth it...one upside on the Commander is we bought all of our oil changes up front for the life of the lease and ended up paying less than $10 an oil change. Also, when it comes to financing, leasing, etc. make sure they understand you are Military and may need to break the contract because of deployment, overseas orders, etc. and there is no language in the fine print that says you will still owe for the payments. I know the Soldier's and Sailor's Relief Act covers this, but it will save you some grief in th elong run.