Served
    Served
    1987 to 1990

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Army 87 xj no power in engine compartment

i have a 87 xj chief with no power going into the engine compartment no lights, nogauges, no starter, no nothing tested it with a test light and meter have juice just no actions the power seats work great but the power windows dont even work. checked grounds, replaced starter relay, cleaned battery post clean nss, cleaned ground @ engine , cleaned and check plug in firewall i could understand it not starting but why no headlights. did they put a factory alarm system on these cause i found a yellow box under the dash that had a plug with about 10 wires going into with amc on it and a sensitivity adjustment. jeep was wheeled one week end then drove for 3 days drove home from work parked and then this crap started. damn renix wiring!!!!!!!

Branch
    Marine Corps
    Status
    Served
    Served
    1998 to 2006

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by yellowxed View Post
    i have a 87 xj chief with no power going into the engine compartment no lights, nogauges, no starter, no nothing tested it with a test light and meter have juice just no actions the power seats work great but the power windows dont even work. checked grounds, replaced starter relay, cleaned battery post clean nss, cleaned ground @ engine , cleaned and check plug in firewall i could understand it not starting but why no headlights. did they put a factory alarm system on these cause i found a yellow box under the dash that had a plug with about 10 wires going into with amc on it and a sensitivity adjustment. jeep was wheeled one week end then drove for 3 days drove home from work parked and then this crap started. damn renix wiring!!!!!!!
    I had the same problem with my 90 YJ. I replaced the Ignition Relay (Ignition switch) and it fired right up.