User Tag List

Thread: Rugged Ridge Winch Mount Modular XHD Front Bumper in Textured Black Review

Zombie Killin Ninja Style MurdaDock's Avatar

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    1999 to Present

Closest Installation

Fort Campbell
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Rugged Ridge Winch Mount Modular XHD Front Bumper in Textured Black Review

Bumper is designed to be used stand alone or with many upgradable accesories. That is what makes this bumper awesome. Among the upgrades are solid steel endcaps, Stinger Tube, PreRunner Bumper, Center Hoop, etc...
    It comes with 2 Heave duty D Rings which mount directly to the Frame of your JK which attaces the Bumper as well. The Bumper is very easy to install onto your Jeep especially if you have a helper.
    The Winch Plate has its Pros and Cons. When I installed my winch, there was almost no room to install the bolts for the rear of the Roller Fairlead. My Winch was fairly large so this may have been an issue with my winch. I am not saying you cannot install your winch with the bumper attached to your Jeep, but I highly reccomend installing the winch on the bumper, then the bumper to the Jeep. This is a PITA if you try to mount the winch with the bumper attacher. This is why it is helpful to have someone help you lift the bumper and the winch onto the Jeep to mount it. The Bumper sits on to p of the frame once you get it up there and this helps because you do not have to hold/brace it up while you bolt it on.
    The Stock Aux Fog lights were extremely easy to transfer from the stock bumper to the Rugged Ridge Mounts. The Grating over the Lamp holes provide excellent protection for the lights without hampering their output.

Pros:
    Durable powdercoat
    Thick sturdy construction
    Many possible setups
    Easy installation (minus winch)

Other Cons:
    Bumper is heavy
    Expensive
    36345_1403048449126_1619812713_947380_4365742_n.jpg

93750-lg.jpg
    Jason Murdock
    2010 Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
    Funniest thing I have seen on MJ
    Quote Originally Posted by korisu56 View Post
    you should've never started this thread without a photo

now go outside and get your shit back up on the rock, snap some pics, and do it all over again
    My Photos
    http://www.militaryjeepers.com/commu...p?albumid=1031

Branch
    Army National Guard
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2001 to Present

Closest Installation

Fort Lee
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the info I've been looking at the same bumper
    LEIGH
    07 JK UNLIMITED
    RICHMOND VA

If you can see the big picture your not concentrating on your front sight post

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    1995 to Present

Closest Installation

Fort Riley
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i have this same bumper. it was the first mod i did to the jeep. i concur with murdadock on the winch piece. i put the winch on a few weeks after i got the bumper. it was the hardest part. the only way i could get to the rear nuts that hold the winch to the bumper is by unspooling the winch cable. would have been much easier if i would have installed the winch to the bumper before putting it on the jeep. i have just the stubby center bumper, i also have the matching rear bumper and tire carrier

my wife liked mine so much that she got one also, non-winch version with the add on end caps. its a great bumper.

rugged ridge is coming out with another add on piece or two for the bumper this summer.

Zombie Killin Ninja Style MurdaDock's Avatar

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    1999 to Present

Closest Installation

Fort Campbell
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Glad I could be of help
    Jason Murdock
    2010 Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
    Funniest thing I have seen on MJ
    Quote Originally Posted by korisu56 View Post
    you should've never started this thread without a photo

now go outside and get your shit back up on the rock, snap some pics, and do it all over again
    My Photos
    http://www.militaryjeepers.com/commu...p?albumid=1031