Served
    1994 to 1998

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default One for Chesty!!!!

Marines et al,

Is anyone interested in a road trip to Paris Island, the birthplace of Marines? My ex-wife's nephew graduated PI a couple of years ago and I took the journey back and I have to say it was a cool trip. Unfortunately I had to share the experience of "going home" with my ex-in-laws...

I'm hoping to take some time for another road trip down to the Island. Is there anyone else interested? Marine and non-Marine are welcome?

usnavymitchells

Default Birthplace of the Marines???

I have to disagree with you on this one...Marines were not born! The first Marine was made in a laboratory by Dr. Frankenstein! He developed his creation in a large jar and as the Marine grew inside this jar it became more and more difficult to close the lid. At one point when closing the jar Dr Frankenstein accidentally screwed the lid onto the little marines head (hense the phrase-Jarhead). When Dr Frankenstein thought he developed his formula to perfection he created more Marines, but not all of them met his strict criteria for being Marines. Those that did not meet his qualifications become Army. Once he created enough Marines for his first squad he needed to send them out in the world to protect the innocent people of the villages, but he also needed to send a higher intelligence along so the Marines had a way to get places and someone to guide them. So Dr Frankenstein created a higher intelligence called Sailors, but again some of them did not meet specs they became Airforce. So there you have it how the Marines became Marines, etc, etc...

I served...Now I Protect vwJarhead's Avatar

Branch
    Marine Corps
    Status
    Served
    Served
    1994 to 2002

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Its not homage, its DNA embedded code!!!!!
    The whole time I was actively Semper-Fi 'ing I was Semper-Hung Over.
    Last edited by USMCHarleyJeepGuy; 07-22-2008 at 15:54.
    "You're making the wrong assumption that a Marine by himself is outnumbered"
    Gen Peter Pace, 28Jul06

1*
    RIP GySGT. Elia Fontecchio
    -America is not at war, The Marine Corps is at war. America is at the mall and Congress is out to lunch....

I served...Now I Protect vwJarhead's Avatar

Branch
    Marine Corps
    Status
    Served
    Served
    1994 to 2002

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    "You're making the wrong assumption that a Marine by himself is outnumbered"
    Gen Peter Pace, 28Jul06

1*
    RIP GySGT. Elia Fontecchio
    -America is not at war, The Marine Corps is at war. America is at the mall and Congress is out to lunch....

usnavymitchells

Outstanding....I will concede for now....But never underestimate the superior intelligence of the sailor over the Marines.....A Marine looks down the barrel of his weapon and kills his enemy (singular) 100 yards away. The Sailor looks down the barrel of his weapon and kills his enemies (plural) 20 miles away - While I might add drinking that coffee you so enjoyed on your ride over there.......LOL Fair Winds and Following Seas Shipmate....Glad to have you on our side.....
    Last edited by USMCHarleyJeepGuy; 07-22-2008 at 15:55.

usnavymitchells

You got it. Same goes if you are up my way in PA. And if you can get away for the Jeff Daniels Jeep Show in September I'll be there. Be safe...

DEATH BEFORE SHORE DUTY! SquiDMonkeY's Avatar

Branch
    Navy
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2000 to Present

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Defintion - Squid - Sea fairing creature that s***s on all the lower dwelling Marine life.

Much love though. My brother's a marine in okinawa. We give each other crap all the time. I have a head in the shape on a jar on my desk and a picture of him beside it. I respect him for what he does, I know I couldn't make it as a marine. All the gun cleaning would drive me nuts

And that paris island trip.. Was thre 2 years ago to see my brother graduate. Was a good time. The bar on base is pretty good. Recomend signing the brick. And if anyone can find the brick me my dad and brother signed, a picture would be appreciated. We didn't bother taking one at the time. Wish we did now though.
    93 Cherokee Sport - Mine
    09 Dodge Journey - ComNavWife's

Branch
    Marine Corps
    Status
    Served
    Served
    1994 to 1998

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm getting the feeling you two spent time on ship before Marines introduced sex to women, didn't ya?? Maybe in the brokeback squadron???

Branch
    Marine Corps
    Status
    Served
    Served
    1994 to 1998

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh, that's just wrong...

I was a 2542 and then went 8151... US Consulate general, Karachi, Pakistan and then NATO HQ in Belgium...

Branch
    Marine Corps
    Status
    Served
    Served
    1994 to 1998

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

An 03 in Quantico?? Are you out there training the new butter bars?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast