1998 to Present

Closest Installation

Fort Bragg
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

American Flag reoccuring issue

Hey I have a 2003 jeep liberty freedom edition with a 4 and 1/2 inch skyjacker lift kit in it. Have had the lift in it for about five years and the angle on the front axle has caused the ball joint to fail. Last year the front right well came right off of the upper a arm and went under the engine block. Sounds like it is happening again ( the ball joint starting to fail) Does anyone know how to fix this issue without going back to factory height. I did see on jeepinbyal.com that they have designed an a arm for jeep liberty.....any help would be apprecieated.

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Retired
    Served
    1967 to 1994

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WOW!!!!!!!!

They do make extra HD ball joints, whether or not they are available for your rig or not, dunno. You will need to stop by a NAPA store and ask them. Look at the Moog catalog or research on line.

In addition a failing ball joint is very noticeable long before failure. Find a REPUTABLE dealer or shop and ask them what signs the ball joint would show on YOUR specific vehicle. I would say loose sloppy steering, lagging steering response and front wheel shimmy or on Wranglers DW will begin. I am not familiar enough with the Liberty setup to give specific advice. There may be some folks on here or you may look for a Liberty forum.
    Don

'15 Jeep Unlimited Rubicon Hard Rock...OLD SCHOOL 6 Spd Manual Trans
    17 Oaks Ranch Companies LLC

www.savagesun4x4.com

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Retired
    Served
    1978 to 2014

Closest Installation

USAF Academy
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I would go to LOSTKJ.COM and see if some one there has a solution. IFS is not easiy to lift. A guy here in town has a lifted Liberty but swapped in a Dana 44 from a Ford F-150 up front. Don't know him personally, but I have seen his KJ at Faricy Boys, it is orange and black.

Branch
    Navy
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    1994 to Present

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, get the Al A Arms, i have on my KJ and they work great and much more stout, I had a older set and it cracked at the outer edge of the ball joint and Marlin replaced with out question, better is I was leaving from VA to drive the KJ to WI in 4 days and he overnighted them to me and I was able to change them. All on his dime after I bought them 2 years earlier, get the gen 4.5.
    Check out LOST, great site and lots of info. Have you had to replace the cv's at all. what sounds is it making?

Here is the link from LOST on how to check your ball joints. http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB...php?f=3&t=4348

Hope this helps.
    KJ Willy
    06 Dodge 2500 Diesel Tow Rig

06 TJ Rubicon
    Modded

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    1998 to Present

Closest Installation

Fort Bragg
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When I go over bumbs regardless of the size of the bumb it sounds like it is hitting hard. I havn't replaced the CV's at all. Thanks for the info