User Tag List

Thread: Rampage double tube bumper installation Help

usnavymitchells

Default Rampage double tube bumper installation Help

Looking for some expertise. At the PA Jeep show got a great deal from Quadratec. They sold me the front and rear double tube stainless steel bumpers as well as the side rails for $135. No instructions. I have done some reading and it says that if your spare is 29" or greater you have to move the spare. I have a 30" spare and have no clue as to what they are talking about. Can I just add a spacer to the rear carrier to move it out further or do I have to actually move the entire carrier up (which by the way there is no way it can be moved up.

If anyone has any ideas/thoughts let me know.

Tango Yankee

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2003 to Present

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had the double tube bumpers for my TJ before switching them out. My spare wasn't moved, even with a 33" on it. They say it cause it may rub on the top of the double rear.

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2003 to Present

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

By the way, make sure you get a frame tie-in kit if you plan on using the hitch for a pull-point. I ripped my rear cross-member. Also, make sure you drill the four holes. Whoever originally installed it on mine did not do it right, and I had to beat/weld the crossmember back together