2006 to Present

Closest Installation

Fort Sam Houston
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default suspion setup

i everyone im building my jeep some more. im looking at a longarm coilover shock setup is anybody running a setup like this. if so what kind of shocks and and how is your setup. pics and details plz thank you

on top, usually

Branch
    Navy
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2002 to 2010

Closest Installation

Fort Leonard Wood
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

unless you plan on either short shocks or putting them through the hood id go another route. are you talking front or rear? 4 link/ 3 link? what kinda numbers for A/S, Roll center, whatever else do you want? are you wanting bypass shocks? you can use a threaded shock body as a spring carrier and use the bypasses to control dampening. you need to be alittle more informative about what you want to do, what you want to do, and price range.

fwiw ive only bought shocks, tubing, and a sheet of .375" HRS to cut brackets out of and im over $3500 into this build.

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2006 to Present

Closest Installation

Fort Sam Houston
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

talking all for corners and 4link rear and 3link fronta bypass design with threaded shock for springs and money would be 500 per shockand i know about the mounting just cant pick a brand, and i just wanted to see what people have to get ideas

on top, usually

Branch
    Navy
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2002 to 2010

Closest Installation

Fort Leonard Wood
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i ran 2.5" SAW threaded bodies with no shim pack and 2" bypass for actual dampening. this was the rear of a 91 YJ 105" wb 4 link reverse triangulated with 40" lowers. $500 per shock is pretty low still by the time you add in a nitrogen fill kit, valve shim stack kit for revalving, oil, and spanner wrenches to break them down.

your looking a $1k per axle just for links and mounts. another $1k for a single shock per corner (2" CO w/ springs) and then throw another $5-800 on a sway bar, another $400 per axle for bumpstops, then steering for the front if you want to use all that travel (another $1500 for full hydro/ $400 for highsteer) then $100ish for longer brake lines. then how ever much you plan on spending on shock hoops/engine cage for mounting C/O's and rear shocks. plan on a wb stretch add in another $800 for a fuel cell and associated lines, pump, and rollover crap.