User Tag List

Thread: too many problems with this jeep....

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2000 to Present

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Army too many problems with this jeep....

well i originally had a code of U0404...think i have that problem solved. Now i have a brake problem. i just replaced a front break caliper. the caliper had one of the calipers that was froze up so i replaced it thinking it would keep my abs lights from coming on. this didnt work. the breaks work fine but i have no abs most of the time. Is there anyone who has had anything similar to this on a 07 lerado?

I am a chapter of one sincitycj's Avatar

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Served
    Served
    1985 to 1989

Closest Installation

Nellis AFB
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

If you had an ABS light there is a chance that there is a bad sensor, probably at the rotor. You'll have to have it scanned somewhere that can scan for abs codes. I know Autozone does engine scans but I'm not sure about abs.
    Quote Originally Posted by usnavymitchells View Post
    went to google to see if I too was a dumb ass!!! Well actually I am.

http://www.sincityrubs.com/

Branch
    Army National Guard
    Status
    Served
    Served
    1996 to Present

Closest Installation

Fort McCoy
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

U0404 is a transmission controller code I would take it in for further diagnostics, there are a few other threads on other forums if you google the code. As far as an ABS code that is a separate computer module, so as @sincitycj said have that system scanned as well. The O'Rileys here will do a free scan on any computer module, so I'd try that to atleast get an idea of where to start.
    Only the dead have seen the end of war - Plato

I don't always go full retard, but when I do I take the Jeep...

Money can't buy Happiness, But it can buy BACON, close enough!!!

Quote Originally Posted by gearhead1985 View Post
    i think i r druck and will rechecck in the morning

___/l ,[____],
    l----------L OllllllO-
    ()_)-----()_)-o-)_)

on top, usually

Branch
    Navy
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2002 to 2010

Closest Installation

Fort Leonard Wood
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

its a jeep they are all pile's of poo. they will leave you stranded at the most inoportune time. if you HAVE to be somewhere at a given time and its life threatening, i wouldnt be driving a jeep to get there. jeeps are a like a drug. you buy one and you start off as a recreational user. you break something for the first time. you upgrade. you realize that now you can do more than before. you break it again. you upgrade. pretty soon the only thing left from the jeep is the GRILL and headlights.

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    1995 to 2013

Closest Installation

Fort Drum
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@91YEEPER I'm gonna have to agree and disagree with you on your comment. My 2001 TJ has never left me stranded. She is my most reliable vehicle. She has her issues (what Jeep doesn't), and she is all but permanently attached to the gas pump, but she starts every morning rain, shine, or freezing cold. Granted, I don't wheel her like a crazy man. I am very careful when I go wheeling and I stay within my limits. I trust my Jeep with my life and she has got me out of some pretty tight scrapes.

On the other hand, Jeeping is like a drug. I refuse to drive anything else even when it's freezing cold or pouring rain. I tend to risk hypothermia and drowning because I love driving my Jeep so much. Yes, other cars are drier, warmer, more comfortable, and more fuel efficient but I can't drive anything else. I am obsessesed with my Jeep. I work a second job so I have money to play with my Jeep. I plan vacations around off road parks so I can take the Jeep. I wear Jeep related clothing. I have enough Jeep parts in my garage to build another Jeep. I have Jeep video games. I would be first in line for tickets if they came out with a Jeep movie. My wife is jealous of my Jeep because I spend more time with it than her. Jeep. Jeep. JeepJeepJeepJeepJeep!

Hello, my name is Chris, and I'm a Jeepaholic.
    Just because the road stops doesn't mean you have to!

Viewer Discretion Advised Jacob's Avatar

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Served
    Served
    1994 to 2001

Closest Installation

Fort Lewis
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Take the bulb out of the check engine light and take it to the dealer. Trade it in on a new Jeep.

LMAO
    Jacob

Stop organized crime, don't re-elect anyone!

on top, usually

Branch
    Navy
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2002 to 2010

Closest Installation

Fort Leonard Wood
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ravengp View Post
    @91YEEPER I'm gonna have to agree and disagree with you on your comment. My 2001 TJ has never left me stranded. She is my most reliable vehicle. She has her issues (what Jeep doesn't), and she is all but permanently attached to the gas pump, but she starts every morning rain, shine, or freezing cold. Granted, I don't wheel her like a crazy man. I am very careful when I go wheeling and I stay within my limits. I trust my Jeep with my life and she has got me out of some pretty tight scrapes.

On the other hand, Jeeping is like a drug. I refuse to drive anything else even when it's freezing cold or pouring rain. I tend to risk hypothermia and drowning because I love driving my Jeep so much. Yes, other cars are drier, warmer, more comfortable, and more fuel efficient but I can't drive anything else. I am obsessesed with my Jeep. I work a second job so I have money to play with my Jeep. I plan vacations around off road parks so I can take the Jeep. I wear Jeep related clothing. I have enough Jeep parts in my garage to build another Jeep. I have Jeep video games. I would be first in line for tickets if they came out with a Jeep movie. My wife is jealous of my Jeep because I spend more time with it than her. Jeep. Jeep. JeepJeepJeepJeepJeep!

Hello, my name is Chris, and I'm a Jeepaholic.
    ok ill agree with you on that. my 91 YJ had over 500k miles when i finally parted it out. still had the original water pump on it.

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Retired
    Served
    1967 to 1994

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL, I think ole YEEPER was kinda pulling on us a bit. When I read thru his post, the VERY FIRST THING that came to my mind was not my Jeep(s) but that piece of chit thing down the hall we refer too as a Xerox machine. In and out of the military that piece o krap has run me ragged running literally all over post to find a working machine to get copies to ________ NOW! The times I have driven across town at 2 am looking for an all night Kinko's.

In all my jeeping days I have never had a jeep lay down on me so bad I could not get back home and home has often been over 1000 miles away. IMO the Jeep is one of the most reliable rigs on the road. Not to say I have not had a scare or two. Like the time my BRAND NEW Jeep, on the day I buy it as I am going home it dies on a set of railroad tracks like the scene out of a bad movie. And its not wanting to start. I put on blinkers and get out to lift hood, when like scene 2 in that bad movie I HEAR a train whistle blow...OMG WTF. I jump in and decide I am going to grind on the starter till it comes time to jump. Train whistle is BLOWING hard, jeep FINALLY hits, I pop clutch and get out of the way.

Its running rough, I get home and next am take it into Jeep. What do they say? I had put cheap gas in it and they had to replace the carb, $323 bucks on a Jeep that is less than 24 hrs old. '89 Jeep YJ, brand spanking new and its MY FAULT...

Later that year I get a recall notice. They have to replace the gas tank on early models as the liner flakes off and plugs up the filter in the carb...
    Don

'15 Jeep Unlimited Rubicon Hard Rock...OLD SCHOOL 6 Spd Manual Trans
    17 Oaks Ranch Companies LLC

www.savagesun4x4.com