1992 to Present

Closest Installation

Fort Campbell
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default OK Lets get the ball rolling

WOW what a weekend is about all I can say. I will let every person divulge thier own stories and I'll leave it at this small damage report for now
    CJ-7 Lift install started Fri night and Completed around 9am Sat, CJ-7 Lift spring nearly destroyed by 1400 that same day. BEfore the springs crapped out we lost brakes on a down hill section of trail. A quick install of YJ brake line and we were good on that part. After fixing the shackles and a little fancy jack work springs were fixed.
    While this is going on Brian's Rubi is being torn apart to replace a broken D44 axle shaft
    The I take out Larry's TJ only to discover a UJoint with a lost cap, a quick Ujoint change got it rolling again. Then at the beginning of the night ride I blow a 37" PitBull rocker.
    Fast forward to the next morn, Do LIttle Brian takes out the TJ and SNAP a Chromo D60 shaft eats it in the same place I blew the tire. Tiff lost 2 D44 front UJoints in his Rubi. The little CJ that could received a couple minor scratches and a dent or two, nothing major,
    and finally as I am rolling out I see a Toyota Buggy that was riding with up being towed in with a total power loss.
    and how can I forget about 10 min into the first trail of the day Brock (Liquer) blew a hydro steering line and had to leave his rig on the trail most of the day. and The red YJ that came from IL devistaed a pair of front leaf springs but went on like a trooper wheeling it again today.
    Jeepless Again

2008 Ford F150

Branch
    Army Reserves
    Status
    Served
    Served
    1998 to 2007

Closest Installation

Fort Leonard Wood
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hey bustin me out for breaking larrys chromo axle shaft huh.. well you forgot to mention that 5 min after we finished the cj7 lift YOU busted the drivers side mirror while watching a baby deer...lol

http://s235.photobucket.com/albums/e...brokeshaft.mp4
    Last edited by brian613; 06-05-2011 at 20:22.
    project Road Kill
    Quote Originally Posted by DevilDogSoldier View Post
    NOTHING good happens after 10pm, except in the bedroom.
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Doolittle-Rural-Fire-Protection-District/170759052726

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    1997 to Present

Closest Installation

Fort Richardson
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by brian613 View Post
    hey bustin me out for breaking larrys chromo axle shaft huh.. well you forgot to mention that 5 min after we finished the cj7 lift YOU busted the drivers side mirror while watching a baby deer...lol
    Busted a mirror checking out some tail.

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Retired
    Served
    1983 to 2004

Closest Installation

Fort Leonard Wood
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Duuuude, Thats all I can say.Fred, Brian (Ol' Retired dude), Doug, and myself left the base camp after Repairing the rear axle, with all intentions of just checkin out if everything went back together right. Well,...after a short trail ride with Fred in Ghost's Jeep, Brian, Doug, and myself decided to continue up Pee Wee's Xing. After becomin bored with the level 2 bunny trail (not to mention getting close to raffle time) someone had the bright idea, we decided to head up Puppy Licker, a level 5 trail, to get back to the main road. Did I say, Duuuude? By far the hardest trail I have been on at SMORR, or for that matter, ever. It is hard to explain with out being there, but Duuuude (or Duuuudet) you should have been there. All I can say is, thank the man upstairs for good armor, good tires, and most of all good luck, but we all made it with little obvious carnage. If you have the guts and the gear I encourage you should hit his trail if you get the chance. I think Brian may still be pumped up about making this climb.
    2.5” Old Man Emu Lift, 35X12X15 Goodyear MTRs, Yukon 5:13 Gears, Nth° Tummy Tucker, Nth° Oil Pan Skid Plate, Nth° Stinger and Rear Diff Skid Plate, Gen Right Mini Boat Rock Rails, Rusty’s Off Road Adjustable Control Arms, Poison Spyder Front Bumper, Rugged Ridge 10.5 Winch, KC Off Road Lights, Tantrum Rock Lights, and more to follow….

No Mas Jeepalonie

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    1992 to Present

Closest Installation

Fort Campbell
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://s235.photobucket.com/albums/e...brokeshaft.mp4
    yea I did break the mthe mirror but you almost broke on that one part of the trail....what was it we called it D P way?
    Jeepless Again

2008 Ford F150

Branch
    Army Reserves
    Status
    Served
    Served
    1998 to 2007

Closest Installation

Fort Leonard Wood
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    yea I did break the mthe mirror but you almost broke on that one part of the trail....what was it we called it D P way?
    only because the breaks went out
    project Road Kill
    Quote Originally Posted by DevilDogSoldier View Post
    NOTHING good happens after 10pm, except in the bedroom.
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Doolittle-Rural-Fire-Protection-District/170759052726

Branch
    Navy
    Status
    Served
    Served
    2007 to 2010

Closest Installation

Scott AFB
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The red YJ that came from IL devistaed a pair of front leaf springs but went on like a trooper wheeling it again today.
    and where are the pics of my busted leaves my lite flop and few extra dents

i noticed one large dent in my front driver fender did any of you guys see me hit a tree

also did you notice me back in to a tree i got a fist sized dent between my tail gate and tail light i will post pics tomorrow
    Rocks to a Jeep are like crack to an addict

Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms should be a convienent store, not a government agency.
    Quote Originally Posted by trailsnail View Post
    Anything can be fixed with enough redneckery.

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2006 to Present

Closest Installation

Fort Campbell
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

only because the breaks went out
    Yep blame it on the breaks Brian ....we all know the truth

No Mas Jeepalonie

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    1992 to Present

Closest Installation

Fort Campbell
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

its BRAKES not breaks and FT Campbell is not wehre the above is from anymore....LOL
    Jeepless Again

2008 Ford F150

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2006 to Present

Closest Installation

Fort Campbell
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

its BRAKES not breaks and FT Campbell is not wehre the above is from anymore....LOL
    Yes it is, if Mrs.Abn007 gets approved soon then it will be correct and say ft wood Brian is still trying to figure out who this is....

it is WHERE not wehre

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast